We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Grasshopper 2.0 Released (Windows Phone)  (Read 17118 times)

Offline mramgine

Grasshopper 2.0 Released (Windows Phone)
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »
I finally got 2.0 out the door

------------------------------------

This application will interface with Mi Casa Verde’s Vera to control Z-Wave compatible devices around your home.

Currently supports:
- Scenes
- Binary Light
- Dimmable Light
- Thermostat
- Door Lock
- Security Sensor
- Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Light Sensor
- Camera
- Power Meter
- Remote Control (view only)
- Window Cover
- Generic Sensor

Features
- Supports remote and local mode for UI2, UI4 and UI5.
- Live tiles are supported for most things.
- Background processes for live tile updates (cameras are not supported at this time)
- Host resolver that will automatically pick the appropriate server based on your connection
- Trial mode will display Ads and you will not have access to the fullscreen camera.
- For quickest setup please have an account with http://www.mios.com
- Localized for english.. more languages to come
- For more info goto http://amginecreations.wordpress.com/grasshoppper
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline electricessence

Re: Grasshopper 2.0 Released (Windows Phone)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:31:12 pm »

Offline cbatman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:24:12 pm »
Thank you so much for building Grasshopper, it is one my favorite apps for the Windows Phone and I'm a happy customer and think it's well worth the price.

A killer feature now with Windows Phone 8 would be having voice commands to launch scenes, it looks like this is possible now with in app voice commands which would be great.   For example if I'm arriving home I can just hit the voice button on my phone and say "Grasshopper Unlock Front Door"  and it would execute the scene I named "Unlock Front Door".  It looks like the Voice Command Definition (VCD) file can be updated dynamically, so ideally I would like Grasshopper to do this if I make a scene a tile on my start screen as these are usually the scenes I need quick access to from my phone.

If you need any beta testers, someone to bounce ideas off of or even help with development please send me a message or let me know.

Thanks!

Offline electricessence

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 04:46:54 pm »
Can you point me to any resources for .NET/Windows Phone respective to connecting to Vera?

Offline mramgine

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 09:15:11 pm »
There are no direct resources for .net/windows phone, but basically everything is simple REST http calls with JSON results.  You have to build code that can make those calls and parse them... then display them to the user.  All the info i needed to build my client i found here on this website.  Start with the link below.

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/UI_Simple

My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline mramgine

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:18:42 pm »
Actually voice is one thing i'm going to try to implement after i get the first WP8 client out the door.  I'm hoping to get it into beta soon.

Offline svcondor

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 04:34:23 am »
mramgine,

I'm in Malta and If I try to download Grasshopper on my Nokia 920 Windows Phone 8 it does not show up in the store.   If I go to   www.windowsphone.com it tells me "Your phone's current Country/Region setting prevents you from getting apps on the web. Please go to the Store on your phone, then try to download the app".   If I change my country to Italy or United Kingdom then it downloads OK.   The local Microsoft rep says that you did not include Malta in your list of countries.   Would you check to see if this is the case?   Grasshopper downloads on my Windows Phone 7.5 without complaint.

Great app by the way.

Regards, David Lewis

Offline mramgine

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 01:16:58 am »
svcondor i will look into that. Thanks.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 01:22:15 am »
svcondor,

I've resubmitted app so it should show up in all country marketplaces, including Malta.  The process can take up to 5 days i believe.  Thanks.

Spencer  :-)

Offline svcondor

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 02:51:27 pm »
Thanks, I'll check again in a week or two.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 08:46:57 pm »
Let me know if you want to beta test the windows phone 8 client.  I'm going to try to get it released possibly this week.  If you want to check it out send me your email that is attached to your windows phone 8.  This new version supports a lot more stuff.

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 02:51:21 am »
It's odd...for over a few months now Grasshopper won't work unless I'm on the wifi network with the phone. If I leave the house and try to use it, it errors with:

"Vera host fwd2.mios.com did not return expected data. "

So it won't allow me to control anything. I have to use another app in order to access the cameras at least.
This is my signature :)

Offline Jukka

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 04:21:51 am »
I have the same problem with my remote summer house Vera2. I think that app is using wrong MIOS server. In my case it is using fwd1.mios and I got same error message.

Some months ago I got this same error using Google Crome. It was fixed by MiCasaVerde support. Now I am using server fwd5.mios.com and remote control works. (I think that MiCaseVerde changed servers and that is the cause for our problems).

So how to change default server that app is using? In my case from fwd1.mios to fwd5.mios.

Offline blich

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 07:00:15 pm »
I just installed this last night.  Great app!  I might have missed it, but are there any plans (or maybe it already exists and I didn't see it) to add notifications.  The SMS and email notifications through Vera are pretty lacking.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »
I don't have current plans to add that but it is always a possibility.  What kind of functionality are you looking for?  If you want you can email me at amginecreations@gmail.com  Thanks.