Author Topic: New 7.0.27 firmware available  (Read 4434 times)

Offline 3rdStng

Re: New 7.0.27 firmware available
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 04:42:06 pm »
I have the same setup with data being logged to a USB, however the plugin itself takes up 2.4mb which is quite large considering the partition is only about 8.6mb or so if I remember correctly.  That is about 28% of the partition just for this one plugin.  My guess is that anyone who has this plugin installed is having a similar problem.
I thought I removed my Datamine app, but my Vera is sideways right now and a different app uninstalled. I removed the datamine this morning, and ran the following commands from support, and now my Overlay partition is 54% used.

Code: [Select]
rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*

rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*

reboot

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 05:32:41 pm »
Firmware process update.....

My device app errors "GCal3 Holidays[224] : Startup Lua Failed" "Harmony[227] : Startup Lua Failed" "MultiSwitch[229] : Startup Lua Failed" were resolved when I uninstalled those apps. Now my Vera engine reloads without these errors, but I am getting the following error. Any idea what this is and how to resolve it?
Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins
Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.

Offline kulfsson

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 07:27:57 pm »
Why can?t Vera just create a beefier device that has more storage and memory ? It seems the majority of issues happen due to capacity issues.

The last device from Vera, the Secure, was actually released more than 1.5 years ago and that was not a high spec device either and UI 7 is now almost 4 years old as well.

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 07:32:31 pm »

My device app errors "GCal3 Holidays[224] : Startup Lua Failed" "Harmony[227] : Startup Lua Failed" "MultiSwitch[229] : Startup Lua Failed" were resolved when I uninstalled those apps. Now my Vera engine reloads without these errors, but I am getting the following error. Any idea what this is and how to resolve it?

I looks like my Netatmo plugin is the culprit of the Downloading Luup Plugins messages. Everytime my engine reloads, I see the attached image....

Offline funckychicken

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2018, 10:10:46 am »

I looks like my Netatmo plugin is the culprit of the Downloading Luup Plugins messages. Everytime my engine reloads, I see the attached image....

So im having exactly the same issue, also related to the netatmo app, have you found any solution?

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 04:38:58 am »
Customer Care can easily sort out any storage issues. Contact details in my signature.
I strongly advise to let them do this for you. It's faster and safer.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline jvanhambelgium

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 05:06:04 am »
A new firmware and still no joy for us with Fibaro FGS 223. No MiOS, it's only 18 months the device is out and 12 months you declared it supported (and it's not).

So what is exactly not working for the Fibaro FGS223 (2*1.5kW rated switch) ? I use several of them but and they seem to switch fine.

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 11:46:03 am »

So im having exactly the same issue, also related to the netatmo app, have you found any solution?
It took a couple of uninstalls and reinstall to get it right again. And a few engine reloads for the Netatmo plugin to download everything it needed. 
Ultimately I ended up deleting 4 of my installed plugins, one being Datamine. Once I did this it freed up a fair amount of space. I have since reinstalled 2 plugins and keep going back and forth on if I need the other 2.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2018, 06:23:35 pm »
Customer Care can easily sort out any storage issues. Contact details in my signature.
I strongly advise to let them do this for you. It's faster and safer.

They must be too busy to sort mine out. I had Customer Care do the upgrade to make sure it went smoothly and I still have issues. Devices falling off the network, plugins no longer working, just general instability. I have emails to Customer Care to sort it but it takes days for them to get back to me and when they do, nothing really gets any better.

It is a pretty sad state with the Vera at this point. I have more devices to add and want to control more lights with it but at this point , I don't trust it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:26:03 pm by Sammy2 »

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2018, 12:50:42 pm »
I would probably call them and work directly with them over the phone.
I hear you about stability though. I was getting plugin errors in my notification banner at the top. I removed four of them until things were stable and the errors went away.
* Netatmo
* Harmony
* MultiSwitch
* EventWatcher
I also deleted DataMine, which cleared up a lot of space for me. I have not put DataMine or Eventwatcher back in yet as I'm trying to figure out if I really need them. If you are needing space, there is a previous post by me that states two directories you can delete. These came from support and cleared a little room for me. DataMine cleared another ~25%. A reboot is needed after you clear these two directories though.

Good luck.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2018, 04:04:28 pm »
Hmm. I do have that plugin too. But since I mounted a USB drive and stored all the logs there I didn't think that much room was being used.

I have the same setup with data being logged to a USB, however the plugin itself takes up 2.4mb which is quite large considering the partition is only about 8.6mb or so if I remember correctly.  That is about 28% of the partition just for this one plugin.  My guess is that anyone who has this plugin installed is having a similar problem.

If storage space continues to be a problem, I am considering moving the rootfs of the vera to an external USB SSD.
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/extroot
Not for the faint of heart but could be the solution.

So I ended doing the extroot, not that I particularly needed it but just for kicks using an external SSD and a USB to SATA III converter. I plugged it in and let the vera setup its logs on it. It will create a first partition called sda1 and then another partition sda2 for the rest of the drive. I copied over the content of the entire vera storage over to the remaining partition and made the vera boot from it.

My rootfs useage is now 0%  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D

root@MiOS_12345689:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                   58.1G    102.6M     55.0G   0% /
/dev/root                10.0M     10.0M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   124.8M    284.0K    124.5M   0% /tmp
/dev/sda2                58.1G    102.6M     55.0G   0% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/sda1               487.8M      4.6M    453.7M   1% /tmp/log/cmh
/dev/mtdblock10          50.0M      1.5M     48.5M   3% /storage
/dev/mtdblock10          50.0M      1.5M     48.5M   3% /etc/cmh-firmware
/dev/mtdblock10          50.0M      1.5M     48.5M   3% /etc/cmh-backup
/dev/mtdblock9            9.8M      9.8M         0 100% /mios

The storage is actually a little slower because vera appears to have only exposed USB2 to its port instead of using USB3 which is a very strange decision.

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 152d:1561 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0e8d:7662 MediaTek Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

As you can see Bus 002 has nothing connected to it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:32:17 pm by rafale77 »
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2018, 08:11:17 pm »
Any idea how this survives during an upgrade?

Offline kwieto

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2018, 09:34:52 am »
It seems that the last firmware has issues with communication to devices.
I have periodicall messages that one or two devices are "offline" then "online" again with no apparent reason.
One device was offline for couple of days, then it started to work again before I found time to get to it and do anything to fix it.

From the other hand, it seems that upgrading Z-wave chip firmware (which was done in previous update) improved range of the network. My main controller has external antenna attached to it, but I have also a backup one, without such modification. I had to use backup one for some reason and found that it reaches also devices which in the past were unaccessible without an external antenna. My system changed during that time slightly, but the gap between closest devices (over 120m) didnt change.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2018, 02:53:18 pm »
Any idea how this survives during an upgrade?

Yes... the answer is: it depends on the upgrade. If the upgrade does not upgrade the underlying openWRT OS, it will not affect it. I have gone from 7.0.26 to 7.0.27 and back and everything remained the same. It is possible though that a firmware upgrade of the OS which I suspect would break the extroot, specifically by changing the fstab file. In this case one would just have to repeat the procedure. I actually wrote a script to automate the upgrade in this case.

It seems that the last firmware has issues with communication to devices.
I have periodicall messages that one or two devices are "offline" then "online" again with no apparent reason.
One device was offline for couple of days, then it started to work again before I found time to get to it and do anything to fix it.

From the other hand, it seems that upgrading Z-wave chip firmware (which was done in previous update) improved range of the network. My main controller has external antenna attached to it, but I have also a backup one, without such modification. I had to use backup one for some reason and found that it reaches also devices which in the past were unaccessible without an external antenna. My system changed during that time slightly, but the gap between closest devices (over 120m) didnt change.

It completely broke my Zigbee network so I reverted. Your comment on range is a bit surprising since I did not see this version change the zwave db.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline kwieto

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2018, 10:12:10 am »
Your comment on range is a bit surprising since I did not see this version change the zwave db.

I don't know when exactly was the change so I assume that it was more or less when the z-wave chip was upgraded to the 6-th version.
What I can tell is that half year ago I couldn't reach my distant devices without external antenna and currently it is possible.
But It also can be due to weather conditions, although when I tested it it was stable (I restored the system on the main controller, which has external antenna attached, so I don't monitor it anymore).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:16:20 am by kwieto »