Author Topic: New Vera3 Upgrade Crashed the Vera3  (Read 315 times)

Offline paulwmoody

New Vera3 Upgrade Crashed the Vera3
« on: July 18, 2018, 10:26:10 am »
I got an upgrade notice yesterday on my Vera3 app. I pushed upgrade. This was a horrendous mistake. Now, nothing works. I tried to download a restore program for uploading the original firmware. I downloaded the software and bin file. However, the software does not work on Windows 10, not even in XP compatibility mode.

Any suggestions?

Offline Don Phillips

Re: New Vera3 Upgrade Crashed the Vera3
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 06:37:12 pm »
Call support. They can walk you through a factory reset. Hopefully you have backup up your setup. If not, they can help you with backup from their server.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline myk

Re: New Vera3 Upgrade Crashed the Vera3
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 04:02:13 am »
same thing with mine this evening.

Ended up downloading virtualbox and the windows XP mode .VHD following these instrctions: https://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-add-an-XP-Mode-Virtual-Machine-to-Windows-10-or-8-using-Hyper-V-00770  but since I'm on Windows 10 Home I don't have Hyper-V.  Turned my LAN adapter to "bridged", enabled shared folders to copy over the vera3 firmware recovery tool + bin to the virtual machine, and it did the job.  Total time about ~30 minutes to install virtualbox and get the VM going.  My vera never rebooted on it's on after the recovery - I power cycled it after an hour, but z-wave LED remained elusivly dark for about another hour and a half, at which point my vera was now on the latest firmware and all of my devices were there.  I can only assume some sort of magic occurred, but I'm not going to complain about it.