Author Topic: Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor  (Read 1253 times)

ZaVont

Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:45:20 am »
Does anyone know of a Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor?  Obviously there are a lot of sensors that attach to the outside of the door, however I am looking for one a bit more discrete.  I know that security systems have wireless recessed door sensors, however I am trying to avoid having to setup a a full blown security system such as DSC.  If no recessed version, is there a unit that see the wireless security version that will convert to Z-Wave? 

racarter

Re: Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 01:09:39 pm »
The Everspring SM103 has a contact input to which you could connect a conventional door sensor.  You'd have to find somewhere to mount the SM103, but this could be a few feet away from the door if necessary.  I've used this arrangement with an outside gate; a conventional recessed sensor is mounted in the frame of the gate with the magnet in the gate itself.  The wire from the sensor then passes through a wall and is connected to a SM103 mounted on the other side.
Vera Lite, Everspring AN148-3 and AN157-3 on/off modules, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro FGS221 relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser wi-fi thermostat, EasyCam wi-fi IP cam, Sonos music system, Texecom Premier 48 alarm panel, Diax motorised deadlock.

ZaVont

Re: Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 02:44:49 pm »
Thanks for the heads up!