Author Topic: Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor  (Read 2370 times)

Offline ZaVont

Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:45:20 pm »
Does anyone know of a Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor?  Obviously there are a lot of sensors that attach to the outside of the door, however I am looking for one a bit more discrete.  I know that security systems have wireless recessed door sensors, however I am trying to avoid having to setup a a full blown security system such as DSC.  If no recessed version, is there a unit that see the wireless security version that will convert to Z-Wave? 

Offline racarter

Re: Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:09:39 pm »
The Everspring SM103 has a contact input to which you could connect a conventional door sensor.  You'd have to find somewhere to mount the SM103, but this could be a few feet away from the door if necessary.  I've used this arrangement with an outside gate; a conventional recessed sensor is mounted in the frame of the gate with the magnet in the gate itself.  The wire from the sensor then passes through a wall and is connected to a SM103 mounted on the other side.
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline ZaVont

Re: Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:44:49 pm »
Thanks for the heads up!