We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Question about functionality...  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Slow Eddie

Question about functionality...
« on: April 08, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »
With AutHomation and the Vera 3 with a DSC alarm panel can I arm/disarm the alarm, change lighting configurations, and view my ip cameras, all in one app?

I do not have a Vera yet, still researching my options.

Also, is the control local wifi only or off site over 4G internet as well?

Thank you.

Eddie

Offline jwiz

Re: Re: Question about functionality...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:34:56 pm »
With AutHomation and the Vera 3 with a DSC alarm panel can I arm/disarm the alarm, change lighting configurations, and view my ip cameras, all in one app?

I do not have a Vera yet, still researching my options.

Also, is the control local wifi only or off site over 4G internet as well?

Thank you.

Eddie

Yes to all your questions except to can not do lighting configurations, only control lighting.

John

Offline Slow Eddie

Re: Question about functionality...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:54:56 pm »
Thank you. So you do your configurations in the Vera and the app is pretty much just a window into the Vera?

Eddie

Offline Slow Eddie

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 08:04:25 pm »
Also can the Vera see any ip cameras or only their vistacam? Does the app have the capabilty to see foscam etc. Ip cameras? I want to control and see everythin from one app.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 06:17:34 am »
It will see any camera that is functional in Vera. I am currently running foscam cameras in my home. Right now only still images are shown in AutHomation and you can refresh the image by tapping the center of the image. Streaming of the camera will be added in the future. Other limitations of the app is that not all 3rd party plugins are supported. This is a limitation of what is provided in the data that I am using. Work is being done to get that limitation removed. Trying the app will not cost you anything but your time. The app is provided free of charge. So I say give it a try and see how it works out for you. If you feel that it is not what you need, than there are other choices to choose from. If you feel that something is missing, something needs to be fixed or modified, please let me know. I am open to all suggestions and ideas.

- Garrett