Author Topic: Aeotec Smart Switch 6 AU - Purging associations  (Read 502 times)

Offline CRom11

Aeotec Smart Switch 6 AU - Purging associations
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:25:24 am »
Hi,

having issues with the above Aeotec Smart Swich 6 AU version. Whatever I do it gets stuck on 'Purging associations' or 'Failed to configure security' (that one occasionally goes away after repairing).

Have the Vera Plus on latest software, bought the Aeotec USB Z-Wave stick and upgraded to latest version but still no joy. The switch responds to commands from dashboard but getting constantly messages about lost connection to the switch

Any advice..?

Offline Spanners

Re: Aeotec Smart Switch 6 AU - Purging associations
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 10:51:31 am »
Same here. On 3 different AU SS6's.

Have a case open with Vera Support - but no joy.

Can pair some other devices ok. But also get the Purging problem on Fibaro Dimmer 2's.

Offline CRom11

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:10:27 pm »
Have few Aeotec devices, this is the only one giving me grief, reading about issues on fibaros too, so a bit hesitant to try them

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 11:12:55 pm »
Lodge a support ticket. That was the only way I could get them working.
Not sure what they do but
Auto Config was turned off.
Its really very disappointing that I can take these or any other unsupported device and get it included first time in HS.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline CRom11

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:05:41 pm »
Did that yesterday, got reply within couple of hours and all seems to work fine now. Was a bit sceptical about tech support but glad to report I'm happy with the response and resolution

Offline Spanners

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 03:48:05 am »
Did that yesterday, got reply within couple of hours and all seems to work fine now. Was a bit sceptical about tech support but glad to report I'm happy with the response and resolution

Double check whether the device is really passing configuration, or they've just told Vera to not try to complete configuration on the device. They tried this 'fix' on mine but the give away is:

- When you pair another SS6, it fails to configure and has Purging associations error.
- If you "Configure node right now" absolutely nothing happens.
- If you check the advanced variables, the Neigbors variable will be empty (as will a bunch of others).

The SS6 still functions as in you can turn it on/off. But it's not properly included in the network. I have the Z-wave CIT and I can see where it's going wrong in removing the Lifeline and Retransmit associations and then failing to add them back to node 1 (Vera).

From the trace, it's not actually the purging associations that's failing, that's happening. The config step is failing at "Association Group Info Get", after which it would assign the associations. The other two images show what it should look like, and what's happening at the moment.

I've got 4 SS6's that I'm trying to pair at the moment, none will finish. I suspect this is a more recent problem, as I had no issues with the SS6's about 6 months ago when I originally added them.

-

Offline CRom11

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 03:44:24 am »
Hmm, your description is way more technical than my knowledge of vera/z-wave (coming from industrial control systems engineer) so can't really answer properly. When I fired this back to the support, the answer that came back seems to confirm your theory.. see quotation below:

'In regards of the Aeotec Smart Switch 6, we usually try to modify an option from the device itself > Go to the Settings of the device by clicking on the Arrow next to it, then click on Settings > Automatically configure and change this option to ?No? after some tries of operating the device, the message is gone. (This steps by step is in case we got this scenario).'

Offline trygve

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 01:42:49 pm »
I can report that I have the same issue with one smart switch I just did a firmware upgrade on. The device works, but I get an error where is halting on purging association. I'll contact customer care to see if they can solve it.
Vera Edge. Qubino flush dimmers-, 10V dimmers-, flush relays-, flush shutters-, Sunricher touch panel-, RGBW touch panel, Secure thermostats & relays, HeatIt thermostats, Fibaro RGBW dimmers, Aeotec multisensors-, Switches, Z-Wave.Me Wall Controllers, SwiidInter Cord Switch, Velux Integra, Sonos

Offline Spanners

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 11:04:56 pm »
They're still working on mine, no fix yet.

If you're logging a ticket you might want to refer them to this thread and to Case #: 323031.

Offline trygve

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 07:23:05 am »
I logged a ticket to my issue and support kindly fixed the problem within 6 hours or so. Now working fine in my end.

I did point to this thread in my ticket.
Vera Edge. Qubino flush dimmers-, 10V dimmers-, flush relays-, flush shutters-, Sunricher touch panel-, RGBW touch panel, Secure thermostats & relays, HeatIt thermostats, Fibaro RGBW dimmers, Aeotec multisensors-, Switches, Z-Wave.Me Wall Controllers, SwiidInter Cord Switch, Velux Integra, Sonos

Offline Spanners

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 07:50:57 am »
Fixed properly or did they just turn off the auto configuration?