Author Topic: Aeotec Smart Switch 6 AU - Purging associations  (Read 1405 times)

Offline ninkasi

Re: Aeotec Smart Switch 6 AU - Purging associations
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 06:29:49 am »
No problem, and good luck! Hopefully it is an issue with the firmware so a) you can get your switches back up and running and b) aeotec can review and fix. Cheers.
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline Spanners

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 07:59:21 pm »
Ok mixed results with 3 SS6's.

First: Downgraded to v1.00. Paired first attempt, configured first attempt, 13 neighbour nodes in the mesh.

The second two. Downgraded to v1.00. Range greatly improved, paired at distance but failed to configure at "getting device manufacturer" rather than "purging associations". I only had time to try these once.

So that's 2 successes for v1.00 and 2 less than perfect results, but probably warrants another pairing attempt.

Offline jcq

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 01:52:15 am »
I bought 6 x SS6's and 2 of them have the very limited range antennae issue you ran into Ninkasi. I made do by placing them close to the Vera hub. Seems like its a bit of a quality control problem for Aeotec there. Other 4 i have worked great at distance. That was all using the older v1.00 firmware.

Offline johnnboy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 04:57:45 pm »
I'm also having the same issue on the new firmware. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware without having a separate usb z wave controller?

I was able to extract the firmware hex file from ninkasi's Aeotec exe file with a little prog I wrote but don't have anyway to test if it works.  Wonder if there's some way to update over the usb port?  Apparently Vera support has the ability to do OTA hex firmware updates but that functionality isn't available or exposed to end users?

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 03:15:23 am »
I bought 6 x SS6's and 2 of them have the very limited range antennae issue you ran into Ninkasi. I made do by placing them close to the Vera hub. Seems like its a bit of a quality control problem for Aeotec there. Other 4 i have worked great at distance. That was all using the older v1.00 firmware.

For mine it *was* fine, then started having issues. Eventually the only way to fix it was to reload the firmware on it (it was already running V1.00) and then it came good again other than the issue with distance. The weird thing is the distance seems to be better now, so I reckon it's a physical issue eg poor solder joint or similar given my others have not had an issue (excluding having to remove/add back in when Vera changed the Zwave network testing methodology a few revisions back)....
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline dreamgreenhouse

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 08:25:53 am »
Wish I read this before I bought another Smart Switch 6 :-( I've got an older one that works fine but have just bought a 2nd and I'm seeing the purging associations error.  Is there an easy fix or should I just send it back to Amazon as faulty?

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 12:26:33 pm »
Wish I read this before I bought another Smart Switch 6 :-( I've got an older one that works fine but have just bought a 2nd and I'm seeing the purging associations error.  Is there an easy fix or should I just send it back to Amazon as faulty?
I am in the same boat now. Amazon just delivered my second SS6. I'm also getting the same error message when I try to activate a Sensative slim door/window sensor.

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2018, 07:59:34 pm »

I'd try setting it up initially with it close to Vera. In my case, I simply used an extension lead so I could put it right next to it. Once it got through the initial setup (which with the latest update to Vera seems to be more comprehensive), it was fine. If you are still having issues after that, then yes I'd probably take advantage of the Amazon refund process.

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 10:14:24 am »
When I change the automatic config to no, it operates just fine. It will feed the wattage back to Vera and turn on/off based on the schedule I set within PLEG. If I compare the advanced settings if my two units, there are only a couple of variables missing, one being neighbors. I thought about manually cutting them from my other SS6, but I don't want to break it more too since it is working at the moment. (Plus it is within ~15 feet of my controller, through a couple of walls, so no need to relay through the z-wave mesh.)

Offline MarcusB

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 06:00:16 am »
I?ve got three and all were almost unusable. I?ve changed autoconfigure to off and now they all work perfectly. Great find and I?m very happy, since 5he switches are pretty great hardware.