Author Topic: Pairing Aeotec Garage Door Controller with Vera Plus  (Read 116 times)

Offline lisam77

• Sr. Newbie
Pairing Aeotec Garage Door Controller with Vera Plus
« on: July 26, 2018, 10:50:23 pm »
Hi, I'm just trying to pair my devices.  I've followed the instructions and all I get is a blinking red light.  I tried pressing and holding the button on the garage door controller and it blinked faster and faster until it stayed solid for a couple of seconds, then went back to blinking.  The first couple of times I powered it on it didn't do anything, the next couple of times it made a noise.  Done all of the usual uninstall/reinstall etc but the little flashing red light continues to mock me.  The instructions are pretty sparse so maybe I'm missing something.

Offline lisam77

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Pairing Aeotec Garage Door Controller with Vera Plus
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:01:31 am »
Solved... I came across a you tube video that showed a device in the Vera devices list that was the same as the device to be paired but a different generation, so had to be paired as a generic Z wave device.  Turns out I had a similar problem.

In the Vera devices list I was trying "Aeotec Garage Door Opener Gen5 (ZW062-A)".  That's the only version on Vera. 
Turns out I have "Aeotec Garage Door Opener Gen5 (ZW062-B)".
So I paired it as a generic Z wave device.  It still took 3 goes but so has nearly everything.

Next, the physical install and then the fun can begin!