We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HELP with a GE45601 remote and Vera3 UI5 working together  (Read 11341 times)

Offline PurdueGuy

Re: HELP with a GE45601 remote and Vera3 UI5 working together
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 12:36:48 am »
The LPM-15 states to do the double-click for "standard inclusion."   That is specific to that device.
GE switches should be a single click, I believe.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline patrick

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 09:45:13 pm »
Thanks for posting this!  After spinning wheels trying to get the GE45600 working, I picked up a GE 45601 at Fry's.  They price-matched Amazon :)

The 45601 was very easy to set up.  The directions to add it to the Vera worked, then adding the GE & Leviton dimmers and switches worked as normal from the remote.  There's no lag when using the 45601 as a dimmer control, which is a big plus for my home theatre where I often readjust the lights depending on time of day.

Offline Rick

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 08:21:15 am »
A few more attempts using a single click, allowed me to assign the GE lamp module to a button on the remote. Seems no matter how many clicks, a few attempts may be needed. Now that the buttons have been assigned all works great. Thanks to the folks that helped me with this, to include oTi@, with an email to me that was also very helpful.  :)

Rick

Offline epaolino

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »
After clicking the "wrench" of the GE Advanced Remote and
in the Scene Tab you can set the scenes for the buttons 1 to 9  when they turn on BUT
you can not scroll down to the Activate the Scenes for buttons 1 thru 9 when they are off.  The scroll bar will not let you go down. 

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 05:31:21 pm »
Patrick,
please what model of leviton dimmers and switch you have tested with vera3 ?

I like this brand but I had a problem in setting up a 2 loads scene controller that make me afraid of the brand.

thanks
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline epaolino

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 08:04:42 am »
After clicking the "wrench" of the GE Advanced Remote and
in the Scene Tab you can set the scenes for the buttons 1 to 9  when they turn on BUT
you can not scroll down to the Activate the Scenes for buttons 1 thru 9 when they are off.  The scroll bar will not let you go down.

OK ... now that I RTFM I understand that there is no Scenes for the off buttons, ans why.

But one more question.  on the remote there 18 scenes when using the "shift" button. Vera responds only to the unshifted 9.

Offline patrick

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 12:02:18 pm »
Patrick,
please what model of leviton dimmers and switch you have tested with vera3 ?

I like this brand but I had a problem in setting up a 2 loads scene controller that make me afraid of the brand.

thanks

I am using the "Leviton VRI06-1LZ Vizia RF + 600W Incandescent Scene Capable Dimmer", ordered from Amazon.com.

It seems to work consistently well, with one exception.  If I toggle it on/off or change the dim level with the buttons or GE 45601, sometimes the change doesn't show up in cp.mios.com.  If I poll it, it gets the right settings.  If you rely on the vera for monitoring, you may want to change the polling interval.  I never have issues with the Leviton receiving events - that works consistently.

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 01:33:07 pm »
To pair the 45601 with Vera....have the remote and Vera very close together.

UI5 -> Devices -> Add device
  Click "Add" next to "Advanced Z-wave devices" (last one in the list)
  Look for (BUT DO NOT CLICK) "Add one" under "For battery operated handheld remotes"

On your remote:
  Press and hold SETUP until "LGHT SETUP"
  Scroll right to TRANSFER (should be 5 presses)
  Hit OK
  Scroll to RECEIVE (2 presses)
  Hit OK

Back to Vera UI5, click "Add one" under "For battery operated handheld remotes"

Vera will include the remote, and that's it.

Now to assign a key to a light, this is done with the remote and device only (no Vera):
  Press and hold SETUP until "LGHT SETUP"
  Hit OK (screen says "ADD" now)
  Hit OK (screen says "TO NETWORK")
  Scroll right to "TO A KEY" (1 press)
  Hit OK (screen says "SEL DIGIT")
  If you want button one, press "ON" for key 1 (screen says "LIGHT 1")
  Hit OK (it will say "setup waiting" at the bottom of the screen)
  Press the button on the receptacle
  Screed should say "SUCCESS"

Now you can turn on/off the light with the remote by hitting "LIGHT" and then the On or Off side of key 1.

just bought GE45601 and followed your instructions and it is perfectly working. i have been breaking my head for the past 2 days before i saw your post. now it is good. however, can you provide some steps on how to use the LABEL, renaming LIGHT 6 for examples as "bathroom light". i tried to follow the manual but to no avail. thanks.

Offline owensct

Re: HELP with a GE45601 remote and Vera3 UI5 working together- Labels
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 03:12:26 am »
Hi,

In case this is still an open question in regards to changing the names of the labels I thought I would add my experience, to try and help out other z-wavers who might have this question as the manuals can at times be a little obscure, (Imagine that an obscure manual, lol). It?s been a while since I programmed my GE 45601 and couldn?t remember how and this thread remained me, so I thought I would answer the last query posted, (however old).

Anyway here is how you change the labels on the GE 45601.

Note: You have to move fast as once the display for the remote shuts down you have to start all over.

1. With the display blank press and HOLD the SETUP button until the display reads LIGHT SETUP then press the OK button

2. ADD should appear in the display. Press the right arrow button until the display reads LABEL and press the OK button

3. Press the button you want to change the label for. The name of the button will appear. For Example Light 1.

4. NOTE: This is IMPORTANT at this point you HAVE to press the OK button again. It will look like the display did not change, but by pressing OK again you put the label into EDIT mode

5. Using the first key, number 1, you can scroll through the alphabet and number, once you get the first letter to the one you want then hit the RIGHT arrow button to go to the next letter, (to go to the previous letter press the LEFT arrow button)  and so on until you have changed the label to what you want it to be.

NOTE: for spaces or to blank existing letters there is a blank between the alpha characters and the numbers.

6. Once you have the label the way you want it to be click OK to save it.

You?re done. You follow the same procedure for each button.

NOTE: Button #1 is ALWAYS the one you use to scroll through the alphabet.

Hope this helps someone.

Gordon