Author Topic: Alarm zone isolation (if possible)  (Read 170 times)

Offline clippermiami

Alarm zone isolation (if possible)
« on: July 29, 2018, 03:14:30 pm »
Hi again, daughter of ClipperMiami with another I-am-stumped moment. I'm having a repair going on in my house but that has tripped one of my window alarm sensors into thinking it has been violated. Anyone know of any way how I might isolate that zone to turn it off so I can set the alarm while I figure out how to repair the problem?
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Online rigpapa

Re: Alarm zone isolation (if possible)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 04:32:32 pm »
Many panels have a bypass function, but exactly how it goes varies from panel to panel. For example, on Ademco/Honeywell Vistas, it's usually code + 6 + zone number (two digits, e.g. 2 is 02). Any idea what kind of panel you have?
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 08:32:07 pm »
Hi again, daughter of ClipperMiami

Your father had installed a DSC alarm panel, so, assuming you haven't replaced the panel, the bypass instructions for your alarm are available HERE

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 09:11:06 pm »
Thank you rigpapa, thank you cybrmage. You guys are awesome, that was probably something I could've found searching the intarwebz into the deep dark night so thank you again for the speedy help
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 09:30:18 pm »
update: zone bypass works fine but now I can't set the alarm with zones bypassed. Sigh, it never ends

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 09:43:47 pm »
update #2, figured it out. I had bypassed the wrong zone. I swear I'm not as incapable as my posting makes me out to be