Author Topic: Switch in Association doesn't report status  (Read 150 times)

Offline ceskelund

Switch in Association doesn't report status
« on: July 30, 2018, 11:16:37 am »
I have an Aeotec Multisensor 6 in an association with a switch to turn on the switch when motion is detected and off when no motion, etc.  However, if the switch is turned on or off by the motion sensor, the switch does not report its status to Vera.  If I cover the motion sensor and manually turn the switch on or off, the status is reported properly.  Is this a "feature" of associations? or do I have something configured improperly?

Thanks

Offline shallowearth

Re: Switch in Association doesn't report status
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 02:33:25 am »
Usually in an association the switch may not send a signal that it was turned on, but normal polling should pick it up in a few seconds after the fact.  Make sure you don?t have polling set to 0 on the switch.

You can also try adding an association from th switch back to the Vera (if the switch supports it) to help speed the signal getting through.  The Vera is usually listed as something like ?zwave? in the association list at the bottom.

Offline ceskelund

Re: Switch in Association doesn't report status
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 03:14:34 pm »
thanks for the reply - I'll add that because the switch doesn't seem to be updating.

On another note, if I have two motion sensors controlling the same light, can they all three just be put into the association with one another and as long as one of the motion sensors is sensing motion the light will stay on or is there a better way to accommodate this?