Author Topic: How to reset "Tripped" status for my motion controllers?  (Read 830 times)

Offline JJ10

• Sr. Newbie
How to reset "Tripped" status for my motion controllers?
« on: August 02, 2018, 07:49:47 am »
Hi All,
Because i don?t have any experience with LUA and LUUP i hope someone can help me?
I have 5 motion sensors and they work fine, but in some cases, mainly when the battery is (almost) empty, they stay on the ?tripped? status.
Because this influence my Alarm and light automation, I would like to have the ability to reset all the tripped statuses back to ?0? (so I can run this scene before change to ?Away or Night).
I did found some code in the forum, but I can?t find this topic anymore... Based on what I found, I create a scene with the following LUA code, but this isn?t working:

luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", 0, 139
luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", 0, 146
luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", 0, 153
luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", 0, 136
luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", 0, 133

I hope one of you can tell me how I can reset the tripped status of my 5 devices.

Thanks

Offline rafale77

Re: How to reset "Tripped" status for my motion controllers?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 11:57:01 am »
Hi All,
Because i don?t have any experience with LUA and LUUP i hope someone can help me?
I have 5 motion sensors and they work fine, but in some cases, mainly when the battery is (almost) empty, they stay on the ?tripped? status.
Because this influence my Alarm and light automation, I would like to have the ability to reset all the tripped statuses back to ?0? (so I can run this scene before change to ?Away or Night).
I did found some code in the forum, but I can?t find this topic anymore... Based on what I found, I create a scene with the following LUA code, but this isn?t working:

luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", "0", 139
luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", "0", 146
luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", "0", 153
luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", "0", 136
luup.variable_set (urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1, "Tripped", "0", 133

I hope one of you can tell me how I can reset the tripped status of my 5 devices.

Thanks

try this
Code: [Select]
luup.variable_set ("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 0, 139)
luup.variable_set ("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 0, 146)
luup.variable_set ("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 0, 153)
luup.variable_set ("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 0, 136)
luup.variable_set ("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 0, 133)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:02:47 pm by rafale77 »
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 01:05:21 pm »
You can also create the AutoUntrip variable (service urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1) and give it a value of a time in seconds. Luup will automatically reset the tripped state (regardless of what the sensor may say) after that many seconds. This approach avoids timed scenes with Lua, startup Lua, etc.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline JJ10

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 02:07:31 pm »
Hi Rafale77,
Thank you very much, now it work!!!

@rigpapa, thanks for your reply it's sounds like a good thing to do. But as I mentioned before LUA and LUUP isn't my thing so I don't know how to execute (or interpreted) your suggestion ???
Or is the AutoUntrip variable something I should create someplace else? Can you give me more information?

Kind regards

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 02:14:16 pm »
You can go into the control panel for the motion sensor, to the Advanced tab, and then New Service. Enter the service Id urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1 exactly (copy-paste recommended), variable name exactly AutoUntrip, and a non-zero number of seconds for the value. Then hit the "Add" button. Move on to the next motion sensor and do the same. On the last motion sensor, after hitting Add, also hit Reload Engine. That should do it.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline JJ10

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 02:22:13 pm »
You can go into the control panel for the motion sensor, to the Advanced tab, and then New Service. Enter the service Id urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1 exactly (copy-paste recommended), variable name exactly AutoUntrip, and a non-zero number of seconds for the value. Then hit the "Add" button. Move on to the next motion sensor and do the same. On the last motion sensor, after hitting Add, also hit Reload Engine. That should do it.

Thank you very much I will try this.
I didn't know you could add new services. The advanced tab including the variables I knew but I could find AutoUntrip) now I understand.
Thanks again

Offline JJ10

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 02:39:29 pm »

I successfully added the new services and it looks like it's working (motion status is now changed back after the X seconds).

Rafale77 thanks for your code for my scene and Rigpapa thanks for your additional solution for my problem!!!

Offline OlivierToebosch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 06:40:14 am »
Rigpapa, do I understand well?
Creating autountrip will always untrip within x seconds, without movement of course?
I'm still struggling with the fact that when I lock with rfid tag (benext), the sensors are armed.  I can launch a lua script based on the homestatus (away eg). For the moment, I launch a beep, wait 25 seconds and unset tripped on all my sensors.
But the sensors are already armed and so the tripped state does launch my separate alarm event...
I don't use the events from the homestatus window.
best regards

Olivier

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 01:14:32 pm »
Creating autountrip will always untrip within x seconds, without movement of course?

AutoUntrip will untrip a sensor X seconds after it trips.

Offline tbearman

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 08:12:15 pm »

I thought this might solve a problem I have, but it doesn't. Or does it, but I'm missing something else? My sensor "untrips" with this variable set, but it still won't sense any new motion until after some other arbitrary amount of time. I set the untrip to 10 seconds. BTW, can you remove a variable through the control panel?

Thanks.

Offline tbearman

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 09:22:19 pm »

I thought this might solve a problem I have, but it doesn't. Or does it, but I'm missing something else? My sensor "untrips" with this variable set, but it still won't sense any new motion until after some other arbitrary amount of time. I set the untrip to 10 seconds. BTW, can you remove a variable through the control panel?

Thanks.

Turns out I WAS missing something, which I dug out of other sources, and which I explain below for benefit of other newbies with the same question.

The Device->Advanced tab sets VERA ONLY variables
The Device->Device Options tab sets DEVICE ZWAVE variables

So while I changed the untrip for the Vera GUI, I still needed to set the underlying DEVICE variable under Configuration Settings

In my case, for the Aeon multisensor ZW100, I needed to add variable:3; data size: 2 byte dec; desired value:10
These settings I got from Googling "aeon zw100 configuration settings"

Hope this helps somebody else.

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 09:52:15 pm »
Turns out I WAS missing something, which I dug out of other sources, and which I explain below for benefit of other newbies with the same question.

So while I changed the untrip for the Vera GUI, I still needed to set the underlying DEVICE variable under Configuration Settings

In my case, for the Aeon multisensor ZW100, I needed to add variable:3; data size: 2 byte dec; desired value:10

Ah, OK, yes that's different. This is often referred to as the "Reset Period". It's meant to reduce the number of reports by the sensor when the room is occupied--those frequent and potentially spurious reports can cause reduced battery life. It's not unusual for sensors to default to relatively long periods; I believe that among alarm motion sensors, 2-4 minutes is fairly standard. So, getting the right reset duration depends on your application and desired performance, but be aware that in a heavily trafficked area, setting it to 10 seconds may require frequent battery changes.

Offline tbearman

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 10:15:46 pm »

Ah, OK, yes that's different. This is often referred to as the "Reset Period". It's meant to reduce the number of reports by the sensor when the room is occupied--those frequent and potentially spurious reports can cause reduced battery life. It's not unusual for sensors to default to relatively long periods; I believe that among alarm motion sensors, 2-4 minutes is fairly standard. So, getting the right reset duration depends on your application and desired performance, but be aware that in a heavily trafficked area, setting it to 10 seconds may require frequent battery changes.

Thanks for this. In my situation, I have all of my motion detectors plugged in to USB, no batteries involved, and I'm counting on short reset frequency to enable me to determine direction of movement.