Author Topic: Smoke detector battery status not updating  (Read 280 times)

Offline CraigO

• Sr. Newbie
Smoke detector battery status not updating
« on: August 02, 2018, 10:43:08 pm »
I'm sure this has been asked before, but my searching ability seems to have failed me.

I have a bunch of Smoke/CO sensors that are working fine in terms of sending alerts and like that, but none of them seem to update their battery status. Many months since installation all of them are still above 77% and two are still 100%. Two of them started beeping because of a low battery and have new batteries. Neither of those are the 100's but I do know that they both showed a high number while they were beeping before I gave them new batteries.

They are listed as Vision ZS6101 devices. The wakeup interval is the default (30 minutes) and polling is blank (default).

Thanks,
Craig

Offline jpeterson

Re: Smoke detector battery status not updating
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 02:59:25 pm »
I don't have the Vision devices but have a similar issue with the ZCombo smoke detector.  All the detectors report battery status and it drops slowly over a year+ period but when the batteries run out the status is reported somewhere around 70%.  Others have reported the same issue with the ZCombo and I just replace the batteries annually before they get to 70% and start beeping.

John

Offline Maegda

• Customer Care
  • Global Moderator
Re: Smoke detector battery status not updating
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 06:01:15 pm »
Hello,

I sent you an email related to this issue, you may check.

Thank you!
Vera Control, Ltd.  Smarter Home Control
support@getvera.com  +1 (866) 966-2272