Author Topic: VeraPlus - turn off zigbee and bluetooth  (Read 493 times)

Offline runjo

VeraPlus - turn off zigbee and bluetooth
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:27:23 am »
Hello!

I want to turn off zigbee and bluetooth for now, can I do that on the VeraPlus?  ::)

Offline wilme2

Re: VeraPlus - turn off zigbee and bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:02:58 pm »
I too would like to disable bluetooth and zigbee on my VeraSecure, as I am not using them, at least not yet.

Should be an easy thing right?  It should be under Settings, Zigbee Settings.  But there is no option to disable...

I haven't seen anyone post a way to do it at the OS level either, like you can do with wi-fi...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline Nameless

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 01:38:04 pm »
I'd like this too. No need for the Zigbee radio on when I control all my Zigbee devices with a competitor's hub, since my Vera can't.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Offline cmille34

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 02:29:01 pm »
I realize this will fall on deaf ears as most suggestions do but I too would like to be able to disable the bluetooth and zigbee radios on my VeraPlus.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 11:59:54 am »
Checking in....would love to turn off Zigbee and bluetooth.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline rafale77

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 12:21:57 pm »
Not being critical but just being curious, what would that do for you? I personally use the zigbee radio but I don't think bluetooth is on.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (134 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 200 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Nameless

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 02:04:07 pm »
For me, I'm looking to avoid interference. I have an existing Zigbee network on a Wink 2 hub already. I also find my Bluetooth is active when searching for connections, so it is apparently on in some way.

I've been noticing some connections drop recently, so trying to eliminate a few unneeded networks.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 03:14:11 pm »
I just checked and in spite on the bluetooth LED being on, it is not discoverable and my spectrum scanner shows that it is off. My zigbee is on and if you worry about interference, you could just move it's channel to a free space. The zigbee signal is very narrow and is unlikely to interfere...
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (134 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 200 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Nameless

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 08:09:11 pm »
What's strange for me is that I've been able to see active Bluetooth signals from my Plus when pairing random devices in my house, even my Wink Hub 2.

I do need to look at the Zigbee channel and try to put it on something other than my Wink network. That hadn't even crossed my mind. They're in close proximity.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 02:18:42 am »
I found a way to disable bluetooth by SSHing into the unit and editing the file /etc/init.d/bluetoothd and commenting out the content of the start service function. After that reboot your vera and BLE should not start.

Edit: It seems like i had disabled mine a while ago without thinking too much about it. Go under /etc/config/bluetooth, open the file and change the

Code: [Select]
config bluetoothd
option enabled   0
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:18:30 am by rafale77 »

Offline runjo

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 05:40:36 am »
Thanks, will try to turn off BT.

Can we SSHinging into the file and turn off Zigbee?

Reason to turn off is to be sure of no interference and also minimize exposure. We turn off wifi also every night.. just to be on the safe side..  ::)

Offline rafale77

« Reply #11 on: Today at 10:17:21 am »
Unfortunately, I have not found a way to disable zigbee...