Author Topic: Another plugin update  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Evel Knievel

Re: Another plugin update
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 02:38:28 pm »
Good Afternoon,
I am not sure if that is the right place, but I tried since hours to get a brand new RFXtrx433 XL with latest Firmware 1031 working with a Vera Lite on UI7 latest Firmware 1.7.1040 to work. I used all files from "trunk" or from your "Zip 51". When I connect the RFXtrx433XL to the Vera Lite, LED switch on the RXFtrx like they should, but whatever I do, I cannot see the device in the Serial Port connection. That page is just empty. And believe me I reloaded Luup, I switched power off/on....
I downgraded down to Version 1027 using each Version on the RFXtrx433XL on the PC. I just do not see it in the Serial Port connection.
According their Webpage, the RFXtrx433XL to the RFXtrx433e are 3 different subbandwidth, more memory and now it comes: different USB chip to communicate with.
Any idea how to fix this or someone with the same issue? For me it looks like a bug in the Vera Lite Firmware.
Thanks for help
Michael
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:56:24 pm by Evel Knievel »

Offline tinman

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 01:03:43 pm »
I don't have a Vera Lite or the new RFXtrx433 XL so I can't really test anything. I do have another serial device which I've connected to my Vera Plus using a USB hub and it works fine. It uses the FTDI ft232rl chip. I don't know what the RFXtrx433 XL uses.

Offline MasterZ

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 05:02:40 pm »
edit: my problem disappeared after a Luup reload.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:12:36 pm by MasterZ »

Offline Evel Knievel

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 03:16:16 pm »
 :) :)

@tinman: Thanks, I gave up with the vera light. I ordered a vera plus, which came today, plugged it in, connected the RFXtrx433xl and it worked immediately with trunk51 files and the described steps. Looks like the vera light has an issue with it.

Offline poubslau

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 04:10:01 am »
Hello,

@ Evel Knievel: I see your problem too late because I order a 433XL for my Vera lite. And I confirm that I'm in the same case than you. With my previous RFXTRX433 (w/o Somfy compatibility), no problem for several years. With this new XL, Serial Port Configuration desesperatly stays empty on Vera Lite with UI5 ("connect your device on USB and restart luup engine").
I also try UI7, changing RFX firmware and use an external USB supply without sucess.
Here is the answer from RFXcom team "The RFXtrx433XL has another FTDI chip but it is compatible with the FTDI in the RFXtrx433. The FTDI driver supports both."

On my side I change for RFXtrx433E which has been already tested succesfully on UI5 and Veralite.

Offline Evel Knievel

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 01:06:05 pm »
@All,

with my new Vera Plus UI7 the RFXtrx433XL is recognized correctly, but with storing the config on the Vera light and porting it to the Vera plus, some of my devices are gone, which means I have to reconnect them.

regards and thanks

Michael