We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: No more free keys for Wunderground Plugin.  (Read 2327 times)

Offline tbully

Re: No more free keys for Wunderground Plugin.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 09:11:18 am »
My issues with this entire situation is I use data uploaded to WU from my personal weather station that, eventually, feeds logic in my Vera from the plugin.  I don't care what the weather is at my local airport +15 miles away.  I need local/real conditions.

I have yet to find a solution to this one....

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 09:57:37 am »
I have a Wunderground key to spare since I'm not using it anymore.

First come, first served. I'm replying with the key to the first user that PM's me :)  8)

I will let you know when the user gets it so I won't be hammered with PM's :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:12:20 am by Sorin »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 05:16:05 pm »
I have a Wunderground key to spare since I'm not using it anymore.

First come, first served. I'm replying with the key to the first user that PM's me :)  8)

I will let you know when the user gets it so I won't be hammered with PM's :)

Here is what WU is saying:

The WU API has been around since 2010 to help you develop apps and websites as well as manage your Personal Weather Station data. During that time, we?ve watched you build amazing products and visualize weather data with creativity and purpose.

Over the years, our infrastructure has been unable to keep up with the growing numbers of users coming to us for API data. This has led to higher costs as we worked to keep the service stable and dependable. Eventually, we realized we?d need to make drastic changes or risk serious problems for our API.

As a result, we?ve made the difficult decision to retire the Weather Underground API. The Weather Company, which acquired WU back in 2012, offers a powerful suite of enterprise-grade APIs that might be better suited to meet your scale and performance needs while offering a broader range of weather data.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline MrJoshua

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 11:56:24 pm »
I believe if you have a PWS uploading data, your Key/s will continue to work until they release a new API for PWS users.
Cheers,
Mr Joshua.

Offline steve.lawrence

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 04:16:49 pm »
>retire the Weather Underground API. The Weather Company, which acquired WU back in 2012,

Wasn't this WHY WU came about in the first place? Some company which was providing weather stuff (Accuweather I think it was? Maybe yahoo? I forget) had an open API that could be queried and the results consumed in your device.

I remember, 'cos my Honeywell alarm system had weather on its touchscreen panels. And I had to do a firmware update to make it work again after [whatever that company was] changed their API's to lock out spurious queries from all over the place.
WU came about, offered similar service... people used it.

WU says: "People iz use our stuff too much, we wants you to pay now.."
New service springs up...
World continues to turn.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 09:26:20 pm »
My API key stopped reporting accurate weather/humidity here for my area like it used to before they pulled support for the service. I never changed anything. Is anyone else with their original API key experiencing this? The key is useless to me now if I'm not receiving the correct weather/humidity. It's saying right now that it's 55 degrees F outside when in reality it's 35 degrees. :\

Offline tunnus

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 06:26:30 pm »

I re-found the MIOS plug-in so I can tweak my PLEG logic to look at that outside temperature when Weatherunderground stops working.  I just need to find conditions to complete the functionality I am using with Weatherunderground. The information is in Vera - just need to get at it.

I ditched WU as it no longer sends any data, though it was always just a backup for Netatmo (which sometimes loses connection). I also found out this Virtual Outdoor Temperature Plugin and I'm happy with it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 06:28:05 pm by tunnus »
Vera Edge, a lot of different (Aeotec, Fibaro etc) devices and plugins