Author Topic: MIOS Acquisition  (Read 17652 times)

Offline melih

• Administrator
Re: MIOS Acquisition
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 01:49:13 pm »
I was half way through writing what is effectively rigpapa's post (except he said it better.) And, melih, rigpapa is one of the top contributors of solid, well-designed plug-ins that have gone a long way towards making Vera useful. Give him, amg0,  akboor, and so many other terrific contributors a rock-solid platform and development environment and watch Vera soar!

That is exactly what we want to provide, a platform! Between the cloud and backend of Vera/Mios , amazing controller capabilities of Ezlo and (some more capabilities that I can't yet reveal as they are not launched) our developer ecosystem is going to be buzzing with Innovation! And I want to reduce the cost of home automation!!!!! I find it too expensive to expect someone to pay $100 for a controller!!... $20 is a fair price for now (did that https://ezlo.com/projects-solutions/ezlo-atom/ )...(i am working on bringing it to under $5...but will take me time)... This way our developers will have a huge ecosystem to provide their creations to.

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 01:50:30 pm »
I agree with what others said.

I had to put a mini pc just to offload some work from the controller to improve stability.

For me better device support is a must. I'm waiting since one year and a half for the right support for a zwave device you declared fully supported on your site - which is not.

Speed is a key too. I have scenes turning on lights that sometimes are fast, sometimes took 5 minutes to be completed, becoming unuseful and lowering the wife acceptance factor.

Overall, I hate to develop for the platform, because you have to search for things on the forums and documentation is horrible. I'm a professional developer and this is one of the worst documentation I ever found.

I see potential but time is running up. Good luck!
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 01:55:52 pm »
I agree with what others said.

I had to put a mini pc just to offload some work from the controller to improve stability.

For me better device support is a must. I'm waiting since one year and a half for the right support for a zwave device you declared fully supported on your site - which is not.

Speed is a key too. I have scenes turning on lights that sometimes are fast, sometimes took 5 minutes to be completed, becoming unuseful and lowering the wife acceptance factor.

Overall, I hate to develop for the platform, because you have to search for things on the forums and documentation is horrible. I'm a professional developer and this is one of the worst documentation I ever found.

I see potential but time is running up. Good luck!

We are on it!
Can you please tell me here or PM me exactly which zwave support you refer to...Please do tell me everything you need...bugs, feature requests, wishes....all....

thank you!

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 02:17:57 pm »
Topic Stickied and moved to Official Announcements board.  8)
Welcome, Melih!
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 06:01:59 pm »
Why can't I reply on the original MIOS acquisition topic on the official announcement section?

Started by nameless and replied by mr Melih?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:42:20 am by Sorin »
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline HSD99

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 06:08:54 pm »
It appears that "REPLY" has been turned off for that thread, I assume inadvertently.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 06:12:21 pm »
I assume inadvertently.

Why do you?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2018, 06:16:35 pm »
I think that you'll simply find that riff-raff, like ourselves, can't post in the official announcements section.  Makes complete sense to me.   :)
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2018, 06:31:11 pm »
Post makes sense but reply not.

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 06:40:59 pm »
Weird...

But any questions you guys have i can answer it here too..

Offline hellovn

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 08:03:12 am »
Weird...

But any questions you guys have I can answer it here too..

What is Vera Control plan to integrate with other cloud platforms like IFTTT and Google Home? IFTTT has been in BETA for almost a year but not public yet.

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 08:55:06 am »
Weird...

But any questions you guys have I can answer it here too..

What is Vera Control plan to integrate with other cloud platforms like IFTTT and Google Home? IFTTT has been in BETA for almost a year but not public yet.

Our intention is to give you an ecosystem where developers can build any home automation applications and works with everything around home automation world. We consider things like IFTTT to be a must have capability built into the product, so that our users don't have to create Frankenstein of a system to run their smart home/office... that to me is unacceptable. We should be able to provide you a platform where everything you need is available to you seamlessly. You should not have to go there to get this, go here to get that.

Offline ledavidou

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2018, 09:09:54 am »
Nice to meet you, Melih

Well, all of your replies seems very interesting.

But the question is : when ?

Almost all other controllers are already able to talk with Google Home and/or Echo Alexa. And I think that's the reason why people are looking for migrating somewhere where the grass is greener.

As an example, lot of french people are waiting for a french alexa skil and vera support often answer "it's coming soon".

So, when is "soon" ? One week ? Month ? Year ?

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 09:22:11 am »
Nice to meet you, Melih

Well, all of your replies seems very interesting.

But the question is : when ?

Almost all other controllers are already able to talk with Google Home and/or Echo Alexa. And I think that's the reason why people are looking for migrating somewhere where the grass is greener.

As an example, lot of french people are waiting for a french alexa skil and vera support often answer "it's coming soon".

So, when is "soon" ? One week ? Month ? Year ?

Today I do not know the answer. I am at the "collection" phase of all the requirements. We doubled the resources by joining the companies. We will make sure Product Management will let you know dates that they know they can deliver. Just bear with me a while please.

Offline ledavidou

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 09:39:22 am »
Just bear with me a while please.

I will !