Author Topic: MIOS Acquisition  (Read 17495 times)

Offline kdschlosser

Re: MIOS Acquisition
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2018, 10:50:21 pm »
I did also forget to state... why do people want to acquire monetary wealth??
Because "It brings them happiness" we all know this is a BS statement.. But really look at the statement..
What is the person really after????

"There is only one that that can limit your accomplishments.... YOU" ---K

Offline kev b

« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2018, 12:06:18 am »
I did also forget to state... why do people want to acquire monetary wealth??

Freedom. Freedom from debt. Freedom from need. Freedom from want. Freedom.

Offline ntk

« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2018, 02:15:59 pm »
do we need to buy new hardware or we can use the current hardware for all the new software update you going to release in the future?

because my vera 3 just died suddenly (it's working but cannot control any z wave device as the support team told me "unfortunately the unit has some missing memory blocks which cannot be reproduced")

anyway, i did not want to buy another vera and was looking at smartthings controller, but after reading this post i dont know, because waiting is not an option, can't control my house, and buying now controller with faith that somthing will change is a bet, i was waiting for support on fibaro double switch for 3 years! not long after they finally got the suppot my controller just die

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2018, 05:04:38 am »
All the immediate improvements will be made on the current hardware, so there's no reason not to get a Vera.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline jonas1

« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2018, 10:51:57 am »
And for how long do we have to wait? I'm seriously considering swapping my Vera Plus for a Homey or other device ....

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2018, 09:53:29 am »
So acquisition in August, and it while I read through most of these posts, I am not sure what is going to happen yet.   Hopefully we hear something positive soon.   I am sure you are noticing a slump in sales already.  I need to see the actions rather than words to prove your intentions.  Personally I am hanging in with my Vera G until I see a clear indication of direction.  You have indicted that you have added lots of developers, but updates are not happening.   This points to a whole new version perhaps or something else going on there.  I remain cautious but hopeful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Matsohl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2018, 01:29:29 pm »
... I remain cautious but hopeful.

Agree, the new team will be judged by the coming releases.
My Vera's are stable now and I am not intending to leave this platform since I have invested so much time in it.
But it is seems good now with a forward looking vision for our units.  :)
Vera Plus and Vera Edge with (Hue, Fibaro, Qubino, IKEA, Nexa, Sonos, Telldus, Sensative, Imperihome etc.) and Arduino, ESP8266

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2018, 02:34:11 pm »
... I remain cautious but hopeful.

Agree, the new team will be judged by the coming releases.
My Vera's are stable now and I am not intending to leave this platform since I have invested so much time in it.
But it is seems good now with a forward looking vision for our units.  :)

Today we have one of world's largest Research and Development team in home automation if not the largest! Having combined Vera/Mios with Ezlo and added some more (PR soon).
Teams have started working together. It will take upto 6 month (in a good day) to train the teams, get them working together, teams to learn eachothers code, create a unified vision for the future of the code base, architect it, start coding and start delivering!
It is a huge task, no two ways about it! But when it starts delivering, it will be non stop and each release will be better than the next!
Patience.....We both have invested in this together :) We will turn this into the best platform you have ever seen!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:55:54 pm by melih »

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2018, 03:51:16 pm »
Glad to hear that.  In the meantime you need to start messaging in social media.  I look forward to whatever you come up with.  I can only think it?s a departure from where we are considering the time lag, rather then fixes on what we currently have.  One of the biggest issues I have seen is upgrades failing and leaving the controller unusable.  The way to fix it is not easy for most people.  Any new departure from the status quo should consider this issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline joseph.ahd

« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2018, 01:20:50 pm »
Hi,
First of all I'd like to wish you Melih and your team all the best in reaching your goals by bringing Vera up to the standards you are talking about.
I am an electrical engineer with a masters degree in power and control, and I deal mostly in electrical installations. I have recently introduced home automation solutions into my line of work, and have seriously considered Vera for this task, but the latter's app instability and lagginess made me reconsider my decision. I have a VeraEdge installed at my home since 2015 and I really like its features such as:

1- the very detailed notification system with logs that can be accessed via vera's app (not found in other controllers such as Fibaro), and which gives one the ability to receive alerts in form of Email, app notification and SMS. I really hope this feature remains as is unchanged in future software releases.

2- The "Current status" feature in the app which would show the user what devices are no longer connected.

3- The "My Modes" feature which is very useful in my opinion. Wished though it was more responsive. I would like to select a mode and instantly have it change over, and not going back and forth causing confusion about its status.

4- Ability to create and disable scenes via the app.

5- Local Access, with the exception that it does not request for a password. I'd prefer to have some kind of password protection for local access, since anyone with a network scanning tool can find out my Vera's IP address and access it via his/her browser.

As many users have already mentioned (just went over the 17 pages of discussion), I would rather have a more reliable and faster control response, as I currently don't have any issues with the current Vera GUI, and I also would like to have a more advanced Vera logic such as the one natively found in Fibaro controllers.

Joseph
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 03:44:41 pm by joseph.ahd »

Offline melih

• Administrator

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2018, 08:15:14 pm »

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2018, 09:56:05 pm »
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/39288648/ezlo-innovation-acquires-fortrezz-to-offer-complete-water-damage-control-solution-for-insurers
:) maybe you could bring down the price of fortrezz products...haha!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

On it already ;), by the way, how much should it be in your opinion?

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2018, 10:51:24 pm »
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/39288648/ezlo-innovation-acquires-fortrezz-to-offer-complete-water-damage-control-solution-for-insurers
:) maybe you could bring down the price of fortrezz products...haha!

On it already ;), by the way, how much should it be in your opinion?
The valve actuators in my opinion were just to much. Were they only meant for fancy smart home setups or catering to a builder? If those devices are truly professional grade then not much I can say but for a home user setup and the frequency it would legitimately be used maybe more like 199.

Offline randya

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2018, 12:05:43 pm »
Not to be a pest or jerk or idiot or __fill in the blank__
....but....
it has been 2 months since we started all the discussions on acquisitions, wish lists, stability, UI improvements, team size bragging, etc etc etc
and I have not seen a firmware update yet or an announcement of one coming soon (I hope I didn't miss something)

It is a strong recommendation to roll out the stability updates, that everyone is screaming for, quickly.   As in every week (?), or every 2 weeks.  Fix something, get it out.  Fix the next thing. 

I (and probably others) am still holding my breath on seeing where this is going
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:13:47 pm by randya »