Author Topic: MIOS Acquisition  (Read 33083 times)

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: MIOS Acquisition
« Reply #285 on: October 22, 2018, 05:19:19 am »
Has this forum actually been attacked by bots?  And if the questions are in English, can they at least use proper grammar?
This is how the moderation log looks after a weekend  :-X
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2018, 01:40:58 pm »
Melih, update please? Hows it going? What is the planning for device support and firmware release?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #287 on: October 29, 2018, 03:20:46 pm »
Melih, update please? Hows it going? What is the planning for device support and firmware release?

its going well, things are integrating well, teams are working together. As mentioned before will take us about 6 months to get to a stage where we can give dates that we can stick to. Until then it wouldn't be right for us to give you dates.

Offline Domoworking

« Reply #288 on: October 29, 2018, 07:46:57 pm »
Guys, you must have a huge founding behind you if you jeep buying companies: https://ezlo.com/ezlo-news/ezlo-innovation-acquires-fortrezz-to-offer-complete-water-damage-control-solution-for-insurers/

I hope this doesn't mean another 6 months from now!

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #289 on: October 31, 2018, 06:42:47 pm »
The thing is in the six months sales are going to suffer and people will leave for other brands.  Right now we have absolutely no idea where you are going with this.  You talked about a $20 controller, but that is not the big cost when you have to pay for all the sensors and switches.  I have no problem with $150 for a controller.
I suppose you also want to keep competitors in the dark as well.  I hope for the best, but will not invest more until I see the direction you are going in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bucko

« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2018, 09:14:59 pm »
The thing is in the six months sales are going to suffer and people will leave for other brands.  Right now we have absolutely no idea where you are going with this.  You talked about a $20 controller, but that is not the big cost when you have to pay for all the sensors and switches.  I have no problem with $150 for a controller.
I suppose you also want to keep competitors in the dark as well.  I hope for the best, but will not invest more until I see the direction you are going in.

I'm one of them. I gave up after 7 years with Vera. Now happy with Hubitat.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:58:45 pm by bucko »
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline dJOS

« Reply #291 on: November 01, 2018, 04:09:04 am »

Im really tempted to buy HomeSeer atm with the 50% off ... super hard to resist!  :-\
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline Domoworking

« Reply #292 on: November 07, 2018, 05:35:39 pm »

its going well, things are integrating well, teams are working together. As mentioned before will take us about 6 months to get to a stage where we can give dates that we can stick to. Until then it wouldn't be right for us to give you dates.

@melih I understand you want to realese an update that really "changes The was it is", so you asked 6 months.... But let me show another point of view: I want to add some more controls and conver some light switch into domotics. The Best way for me would be adding few Fibaro FGS-223, but I read that there devices have a problem with Vera and introduce a huge Lag into the zwave network.
Now, within a couple of weeks we will have Amazon black friday, a very good opportunity to buy new devices.... then Xmas.
Shall we wait your six months? Wouldn't it be better to realease some interim updates to fix few bugs and let people enjoy their home automation?

Offline ndstate

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2018, 03:38:52 pm »
Has this forum actually been attacked by bots?  And if the questions are in English, can they at least use proper grammar?

You are running a very old version of the forum software. I used to work with SMF, let me know if you need any help upgrading.

Offline call6108

« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2018, 09:14:03 pm »
Any news? I'm really rooting for the future of Vera. 
I've been a Vera user for about 5 years and I'm getting closer to jump to another platform due to the lack of innovation, development and stability of the system.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2018, 02:46:21 am »

You are running a very old version of the forum software. I used to work with SMF, let me know if you need any help upgrading.

Thank you ndstate. Forum migration to a newer platform is also in progress.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline hellovn

« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2018, 01:09:24 pm »
Any updates? I plan to upgrade to a VeraSecure this Black Friday. However, I would like to see some progress before buying one.

Thanks.

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2018, 10:56:15 am »
Any updates? I plan to upgrade to a VeraSecure this Black Friday. However, I would like to see some progress before buying one.

Thanks.

In reality we now have the largest engineering organization in the home automation field!
They are getting into groove of things, integrating really well.
We are seeing great output already from the development teams.
But we can't provide you dates yet.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2018, 11:42:12 am »
Melih, we are not seeing anything yet
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2018, 11:53:55 am »
Melih, we are not seeing anything yet

Because we haven't provided anything yet.
we will start providing after 6 months as mentioned earlier.