Author Topic: MIOS Acquisition  (Read 47144 times)

Online melih

• Administrator
Re: MIOS Acquisition
« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2018, 07:48:06 pm »
The very first release happened with our Android team ...they released a beta version....
the whole system has started producing output....not at the rate i like, but at least its working....
Android team did great job btw....
It was good to see an update. It produced a bug where it changed the Vera's time zone every time you launched it after just changed it. I believe the team is on it already.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Indeed....there will be more releases....and better releases with each release as the processes settle in.

Offline rotbard

« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2018, 04:25:10 am »
Indeed....there will be more releases....and better releases with each release as the processes settle in.

Thanks,
Looking forward to see the change.

Shachar

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #362 on: December 14, 2018, 08:27:55 am »
Melih, update please? Hows it going? What is the planning for device support and firmware release?

its going well, things are integrating well, teams are working together. As mentioned before will take us about 6 months to get to a stage where we can give dates that we can stick to. Until then it wouldn't be right for us to give you dates.

@ Melih, so exited!!! Only 1 month more of waiting before Vera will give dates that they can stick to. It was already 5 months ago that Ezlo aquired Vera :D.

https://getvera.com/news-posts/ezlo-announces-acquisition-of-mios-to-accelerate-time-to-market-in-smart-home-sector/

Could you maybe give some hints about what will be on he list? Some teasers? Something about firmware updates, device support, framework, functionality? There must be something right!?

It was 5 months ago you bought Vera.
It was 9 years ago I bought Vera!

So exited :-)

Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Online melih

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: December 14, 2018, 04:25:53 pm »
Melih, update please? Hows it going? What is the planning for device support and firmware release?

its going well, things are integrating well, teams are working together. As mentioned before will take us about 6 months to get to a stage where we can give dates that we can stick to. Until then it wouldn't be right for us to give you dates.

@ Melih, so exited!!! Only 1 month more of waiting before Vera will give dates that they can stick to. It was already 5 months ago that Ezlo aquired Vera :D.

https://getvera.com/news-posts/ezlo-announces-acquisition-of-mios-to-accelerate-time-to-market-in-smart-home-sector/

Could you maybe give some hints about what will be on he list? Some teasers? Something about firmware updates, device support, framework, functionality? There must be something right!?

It was 5 months ago you bought Vera.
It was 9 years ago I bought Vera!

So exited :-)

Mobile teams have started releasing code already.....

We are trying to get the "monthly release cadence" . We are hoping to achieve that by February. The team is working very hard in putting a whole new development infrastructure and changing a lot of architecture. 

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #364 on: December 16, 2018, 11:09:50 am »
@Melih @Sorin

There seems to be big problems lately with your cloud gateway website.

https://home.getvera.com

Its really really slow at times and this makes other things then not work like Vera Concierge for Google Home voice commands.

I raised a ticket with support, they say they are aware of the issues with your server(s) but it been on going for a week or so now.

Trying to login to https://home.getvera.com/users/login I get stuck on Checking Credentials, eventually after a long time it says Login Success! Redirecting.. and then you have to wait ages on that before anything happens.
Then it says Loading Controllers, and again waiting for them to load for a long time, slowly slowly, then it says Loading Weather Information.. Eventually it works but so very slow.

However other times the web page times outs completely and the controllers are not loaded correctly.

Its the same on 4G on my phone so its not the Wifi / Internet connection at my end, its a problem at your end.

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 11:30:11 am by cw-kid »

Offline sefocuher

« Reply #365 on: December 16, 2018, 11:32:36 am »
Hi,

I have the same problem.
Can't acces to the cloud gateway website.

Offline sefocuher

« Reply #366 on: December 16, 2018, 12:12:21 pm »
It's ok now

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #367 on: December 16, 2018, 12:12:33 pm »
I was also given this Vera Status page by support

https://status.getvera.com/

It doesn't appear to indicate any current issues however ? 

The one in question is named: Portal (Modern - UI7) 

For today it does say 2 minutes of major outage.

Yesterday 15th of December it says: 25m of major outage

However it was down / slow for much longer than that yesterday.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #368 on: December 16, 2018, 12:14:19 pm »
It's ok now

Its up and down, has been for some time.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #369 on: December 16, 2018, 04:24:21 pm »
Same here. Opened a seperate topic in general.

Might be the architecture is rebuilt to UI9.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline markd

« Reply #370 on: December 16, 2018, 04:30:53 pm »
Alexa has been slow to respond for a few days and often fails.  Very slow access to Vera Controller from the UK as well.

Not been a great experience recently.  Let's hope the changes we're hearing about improve reliability of both the controller and back end when so much is dependant on th cloud services these days.  I.e. Alexa integration.

Offline dJOS

« Reply #371 on: December 16, 2018, 04:33:29 pm »
I made the mistake of signing up for the beta iOS app, now I'm either getting massive delays for notifications or none at all. Not impressed.  :(
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches, Nano Switches / Dimmers & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline dJOS

« Reply #372 on: December 16, 2018, 06:08:38 pm »
I made the mistake of signing up for the beta iOS app, now I'm either getting massive delays for notifications or none at all. Not impressed.  :(

Ok, seems to be improving, notification delays are down to ~5mins which I can live with.
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches, Nano Switches / Dimmers & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline dJOS

« Reply #373 on: December 16, 2018, 07:25:58 pm »

Ok, seems to be improving, notification delays are down to ~5mins which I can live with.

I spoke too soon, now they are back out to 30 min minimum delays.  :-[

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #374 on: December 17, 2018, 12:57:59 am »

I spoke too soon, now they are back out to 30 min minimum delays.  :-[

Oh no. The mobile app is the first output after 5 months...