Author Topic: MIOS Acquisition  (Read 39295 times)

Offline randya

• Sr. Newbie
Re: MIOS Acquisition
« Reply #420 on: January 04, 2019, 11:32:07 am »
  I have been using Home Assistant for a couple months now and love it. 

Come on :) The same glitches, only from the side.
An interesting product, but very raw.

I didn't say there weren't any glitches :)  I said I love it ;)
It is new, comparatively.  But a better UI experience than anything I ever had from Vera (in my opinion).  I like being able to change how things are displayed in groups, tabs, color, fonts... anything, really.  And all natively, simply, and easily with html, css, etc.  Configuration are super easy with yaml.  I like that it doesn't phone home to servers. 
And I am not sure what glitches you have come across, but I haven't seen any for what I am doing.
Seriously, it works great, looks great, and has lots of good docs and how to videos.
Let me know what glitches you have encountered and I will help you out.

Offline Fear Na Boinne

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #421 on: January 07, 2019, 03:15:42 am »
So, I return here after a long time to see this thread... Many posts later, I can say I am moderately hopeful!

I was looking at getting a AtHom Homey to replace my VeraLite, because it is not secure and reliable enough to replace my existing (X10 based!) security system, but these changes may make that unnecessary (if all this really happens, that is!)...

Key for me is interoperability: I have Z-Wave, Hue, KlikAanKlikUit, HomeEasy (and a few X10 devices, including the old security system stuff) as well as an IFTTT DYI-ish integration, Stringify, Alexa and HA-bridge... Many scenes include (and a few are purely) LUUP coded...

All this should be simplified and work out of the box! And that is exactly what they're promising, so I may stick around for a while... February 2019 is pretty close by now!

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #422 on: January 14, 2019, 12:42:53 pm »
Melih, update please? Hows it going? What is the planning for device support and firmware release?

its going well, things are integrating well, teams are working together. As mentioned before will take us about 6 months to get to a stage where we can give dates that we can stick to. Until then it wouldn't be right for us to give you dates.

@ Melih, so exited!!! Only 1 month more of waiting before Vera will give dates that they can stick to. It was already 5 months ago that Ezlo aquired Vera :D.

https://getvera.com/news-posts/ezlo-announces-acquisition-of-mios-to-accelerate-time-to-market-in-smart-home-sector/

Could you maybe give some hints about what will be on he list? Some teasers? Something about firmware updates, device support, framework, functionality? There must be something right!?

It was 5 months ago you bought Vera.
It was 9 years ago I bought Vera!

So exited :-)

Melih, far over 6 months now and still silent. I can't take you or this company serious anymore this way. Or did I completely miss it?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: January 14, 2019, 02:14:50 pm »
Melih, update please? Hows it going? What is the planning for device support and firmware release?

its going well, things are integrating well, teams are working together. As mentioned before will take us about 6 months to get to a stage where we can give dates that we can stick to. Until then it wouldn't be right for us to give you dates.

@ Melih, so exited!!! Only 1 month more of waiting before Vera will give dates that they can stick to. It was already 5 months ago that Ezlo aquired Vera :D.

https://getvera.com/news-posts/ezlo-announces-acquisition-of-mios-to-accelerate-time-to-market-in-smart-home-sector/

Could you maybe give some hints about what will be on he list? Some teasers? Something about firmware updates, device support, framework, functionality? There must be something right!?

Melih, far over 6 months now and still silent. I can't take you or this company serious anymore this way. Or did I completely miss it?

https://getvera.com/news-posts/ezlo-announces-acquisition-of-mios-to-accelerate-time-to-market-in-smart-home-sector/ 16th of Aug 2018......add six months on top.....:)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:34:46 pm by melih »

Offline Domoworking

« Reply #424 on: January 14, 2019, 02:28:20 pm »
@melih I really wish you all The best: people here is contingente down.... 33 days to go.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline cokeman

« Reply #425 on: January 14, 2019, 02:40:28 pm »
I hope, that it the next version will fix this bug:

the last few month, my vera shows "Error in lua scritps or scenes" every 8 hours to 2 weeks, problem is that every script stops when this happens, and a reload of the engine normally fixes the problem (no change to ANY script, just an reload)

Quite annoying when the alarm system is running in lua code

counting down to next firmware or new (not vera) hardware.....
Vera 3 in the summerhouse, Vera Plus at home
@Denmark

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2019, 02:36:24 am »
Hi there cokeman, before we fix attempt to fix things we need to make sure that there is indeed an issue to the firmware, replicate then report.

I was looking through the ticket's history you're having with us and one of our agents noticed that the latest issues were caused by some custom implementation files of some devices. If you think it's indeed an issue cause by Vera itself we'd love to look that up if you update the ticket you have with us.

If you've been searching the forum, you may find related issues but they were present on some older firmware. Other reasons which might cause such errors are custom implementation files you may be using or bad lua code in your scenes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 02:51:33 am by Sorin »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Dansker

« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2019, 05:44:37 am »
Got 4 Vera hubs with about 300 connected devices. Want to add more devices, but not supported. After 2+ years with Vera and a few owners, now I am waiting another month, for dates.

Got a PI 3+ in, my first. Installed Home Assistant, attached Vera and other stuff Vera does not support, in a few hours. Fast, pretty, no crashes yet (obviously early). First impression is: very impressive.

Getting really concerned the Vera train have gone severely off the tracks, while competitors are pulling away fast.

Hope you get Vera going again, and figure out how to catch up, before critical mass, customers, developers, etc. are still here, sigh!

Offline jlind

« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2019, 10:29:27 am »

https://getvera.com/news-posts/ezlo-announces-acquisition-of-mios-to-accelerate-time-to-market-in-smart-home-sector/ 16th of Aug 2018......add six months on top.....:)

@Melih - Are you expecting a relatively easy update for us to your new architecture/firmware in February?  Is this going to be a situation where we need to remove/readd devices or plugins?  Can we please move to something different than a landing page for firmware updates?
VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline biocomp

« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2019, 02:58:01 pm »
@Melih - Are you expecting a relatively easy update for us to your new architecture/firmware in February?  Is this going to be a situation where we need to remove/readd devices or plugins?  Can we please move to something different than a landing page for firmware updates?

I think what @Melih promised in 6 months is giving us a timeline they can probably stick to.
I doubt there's going to be new architecture any time soon, especially if they're rewriting a lot of it.
I understand why Melih is not willing to give out timelines earlier.
But this whole rewriting thing - I really wish they're gone for incremental improvements of existing thing instead.

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #430 on: January 15, 2019, 04:02:46 pm »
--But this whole rewriting thing - I really wish they're gone for incremental improvements of existing thing instead.
----That was my first choice as well...but simply not viable....

--Are you expecting a relatively easy update for us to your new architecture/firmware in February?  Is this going to be a situation where we need to remove/readd devices or plugins?  Can we please move to something different than a landing page for firmware updates?
----We will provide a roadmap where you can see when the new architecture will be available. I am hoping it will be easy update (yet to be confirmed).

We have already re-written the LUA engine in our new architecture and its working (only POC)....we still have a way to go....but hopefully not too long....we will release the dates and provide visibility to our users that we hope we can deliver.

Offline rafale77

• HA ≠ IOT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #431 on: January 15, 2019, 04:14:56 pm »
This is not giving anyone of us a warm and fuzzy feeling to say the least! Was transparency/upgradability not one of your requirements as part of the design? Many of us are still around because of the time investments already made. If we are to start from scratch, we would definitely go with something else and would have no reason to pick a new immature platform.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 210 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted and network isolated.

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #432 on: January 15, 2019, 04:34:54 pm »

But this whole rewriting thing - I really wish they're gone for incremental improvements of existing thing instead.

That was my first choice as well...but simply not viable....

[...]

We have already re-written the LUA engine in our new architecture and its working (only POC)....we still have a way to go....but hopefully not too long....we will release the dates and provide visibility to our users that we hope we can deliver.

If this means that the API is largely unchanged, then we're OK.  It's certainly possible to rewrite Luup to make it reliable and retain still the API - I did it with openLuup, and I can quite see why you would want to do that rather than chase poorly implemented engine bugs in ever-decreasing circles.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Catman

« Reply #433 on: January 15, 2019, 05:04:00 pm »
This is not giving anyone of us a warm and fuzzy feeling to say the least! Was transparency/upgradability not one of your requirements as part of the design? Many of us are still around because of the time investments already made. If we are to start from scratch, we would definitely go with something else and would have no reason to pick a new immature platform.

Yes. The 'yet to be confirmed' of the easy upgrade path is very worrying.  Especially if this is going to get anywhere near the 6 month time line originally mentioned. If anything, I would have expected that user story to be there right from day one.....

C

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2019, 06:31:20 pm »

That was my first choice as well...but simply not viable....

[...]

If this means that the API is largely unchanged, then we're OK.  It's certainly possible to rewrite Luup to make it reliable and retain still the API - I did it with openLuup, and I can quite see why you would want to do that rather than chase poorly implemented engine bugs in ever-decreasing circles.

Our intention is to provide backward compatibility.