Poll

Is there any specific capability or device we should integrate natively?

Advanced Scene Builder with multiple conditions and statements
Modular/Customizable user interface
Energy and Sensors logging and graphing
Virtual Switch/Sensor/Device creation
Wake on Lan/ Ping Sensor
System info/monitor
Specific device integration (name it)
Other features (name it)
Customizable alerts and notifications

Author Topic: Is there any specific capability or device we should integrate natively?  (Read 12579 times)

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
LE: Polling is now locked. Thanks, everyone for the input.
The thread will remain open so please continue contributing with feedback. Keep it coming!

Hello, everyone

Per Melih's request in this thread and by popular demand  8), we'd love to hear more about what features you'd like to have integrated natively into Vera.

If it's a device integration please name it. If it's been already named by someone else just quote it.

Of course, as mentioned my Melih in this thread, the main focus will be on stability - "1)Product must work"

Thank you for everyone's input.
Please keep the thread poll on topic. Other thoughts and feedback can be posted in Re: MIOS Acquisition
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:00:24 am by Sorin »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline melih

• Administrator
looking forward to your reply guys.
Of course we would be working very closely the plugin developer and empowering them and working together.

Offline SirMeili

I have been off of vera since 2015 (and haven't looked back) therefore I'm not going to vote. Goodluck melih, I hope you can take Vera to a new and brighter future (competition is good!)

I just hope that if Vera is now going to roll in some of the existing plugins into it's core produce (like PLEG, which was invaluable when I was on the Vera), that they take care of the developers who spent likely countless hours filling in the gaps in the Vera (some unnecessary).

I for one missed PLEG for only short bit when I got on to a HA system that really allowed me to control it and events/scenes. I don't anymore. That said, RTS did a great job with PLEG and while I won't ever need it again, his is probably the greatest contribution any one third party developer has contributed to the Vera Platform (in my opinion).
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline melih

• Administrator
I have been off of vera since 2015 (and haven't looked back) therefore I'm not going to vote. Goodluck melih, I hope you can take Vera to a new and brighter future (competition is good!)

I just hope that if Vera is now going to roll in some of the existing plugins into it's core produce (like PLEG, which was invaluable when I was on the Vera), that they take care of the developers who spent likely countless hours filling in the gaps in the Vera (some unnecessary).

I for one missed PLEG for only short bit when I got on to a HA system that really allowed me to control it and events/scenes. I don't anymore. That said, RTS did a great job with PLEG and while I won't ever need it again, his is probably the greatest contribution any one third party developer has contributed to the Vera Platform (in my opinion).

I think Vera should have a proper platform where "features" should not be a plugin but part of the core offering. Plugins should be applications and developers should be fully supported. So i would like to roll all these in a managed, secure way while making sure developers are looked after. Then setup a platform so that developers can build brand new applications.

Thank you SirMeili!

Offline Wekurtz74

O would like support for lutron devices, by way of integrating the caseta hub is perfectly good to me. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline sivaprasath

• Sr. Newbie
I would like to integrate Alarm panels like (DSC, Concord 4) into Vera controller.  This would allow many users to start using their existing pre-wired sensors in their homes which is already hooked into these Alarm panels.  This will be huge advantage for many users who want to cut the cord of contract based security systems.

Offline Nameless

I'd like integration of SengLED lights. They're Zigbee and will sort of work when paired to a Vera Plus. I use them on a competitor's hub currently because of the Vera shortcomings.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline hellovn

Vera can control Alexa devices directly (play a music, custom texts, or random quotes). Openhab already has this feature.

Online kellerman

Google Home/Assistant support is one of my top candidates to integrate natively. But also the Netgear Arlo family.

Offline cue003

O would like support for lutron devices, by way of integrating the caseta hub is perfectly good to me. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes direct Integration for Lutron Caseta family would be phenomenal. 

Also being able to also directly cross talk between z-wave and Apple homekit devices etc would also be another huge win.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:19:03 pm by cue003 »

Offline tomtcom

Re: Is there any specific capability or device we should integrate natively?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 03:27:05 pm »
Updated scene logic, competitors have options that we must use PLEG or Reactor plugin for.

Scenes must survive a luup reload.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 03:28:02 pm »
How about finishing IFTTT integration.  :-\

Offline TheSummit

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 03:29:04 pm »
Native support for Ecobee 4. The plugin doesn't cut it. WEMO as well.
Vera Plus, Echo, Schlage Locks, Go Control Bulbs, Jasco paddle switches/outlets, Alexa Vera Beta Tester, IFTTT Beta Tester (Honeywell/Vera)

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 03:30:56 pm »
Google Home/Assistant Native Support
History Reports of Sensors and Energy
Better Phone App, ability to build our own dashboard
VeraPlus UI7(1), Sonos(3), GE Switch(25), GE Dimmer(1), GE Zwave Outlet(3),Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch(1) , MimoLight Garage Door(1), MimoLight  Door Bell(1), Foscam Camera(8), Enerwave Z-wave PIR Sensor(1), Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multi-Sensor(2), Fibaro Motion(6), Honeywell Thermostat(2)

Offline Bert003

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 03:34:18 pm »
Full support for Neo Coolcam products