Author Topic: Vera Plugins - Development environment and tools needed  (Read 3801 times)

Offline rigpapa

Re: Vera Plugins - Development environment and tools needed
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 10:55:07 pm »
I second the idea of seeing all of the scene code in one location.  Maybe not edit it in one place, but just to be able to see it to isolate where specific global variables are being used.  I used to be able to send myself a formatted email with it all organized but they've encrypted it now and I haven't been able to figure out how to decrypt it.

Like this? (attachment)
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline Dragos Perju

• MiOS Official
  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Think different
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 04:37:54 am »
I second the idea of seeing all of the scene code in one location.  Maybe not edit it in one place, but just to be able to see it to isolate where specific global variables are being used.  I used to be able to send myself a formatted email with it all organized but they've encrypted it now and I haven't been able to figure out how to decrypt it.

Like this? (attachment)

Looks good. Keep them coming. We are working on spinning a bug/improvement/new feature instance specific for developers so we can add what we gathered so far and start voting on what the priorities are.
Dragos Perju,
Product Manager @ MiOS

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2018, 12:59:45 pm »

Like this? (attachment)

Looks good. Keep them coming. We are working on spinning a bug/improvement/new feature instance specific for developers so we can add what we gathered so far and start voting on what the priorities are.
some examples from ALTUI
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:59:21 pm by amg0 »

Offline wilme2

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2018, 03:20:08 pm »
For a good IDE, it's very hard to beat ZeroBrane Studio, which also has a third-party add-on to debug Vera in situ.

I was going to mention ZeroBrane.  But the pricing and restrictions scared me away.

https://studio.zerobrane.com/vera.html

1 device?  And you can only change it twice?  Or a larger $$$ package, and even then device limited?

https://studio.zerobrane.com/vera-buy

There is a aging plug-in (originally written by Vera staff) of which I would have continued development if I had a decent IDE without paying the amounts asked for above.  I might still pick it up if a new IDE is released...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:54:54 pm by wilme2 »
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)