Author Topic: UI8 new interface, do you like it? please give us your feedback  (Read 9834 times)

Offline melih

• Administrator
Please give us all your feedback....all of this is for you!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:44:00 am by Sorin »

Offline dJOS

Re: UI8 new interface, do you like it? please give us your feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:35:48 pm »
It looks nice but you need to make the platform stable and fast, in that order, first!

Other than being excruciatingly slow, the current UI is mostly ok - my main gripe is it's slow to update (needing to force page refreshes is just poor form) and poor UI organisation, eg reboot the device in the WiFi settings ... seriously! *facepalm*
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline Inzax

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:57:24 pm »
UI looks good....but I was never hung up on the Vera UI.  I wanted stability, dependability and something that my wife could use in a pinch.  I try to automate things hoping to make her a fan and have achieved a recent degree of stability by dumbing things down with Vera.  Promised advertised features NEED to work with a HIGH degree of reliability.  (Take geofencing for instance....for me its a hot mess leading to much wife agro)

Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:04:54 pm »
Stability, dependability is a given....we are on it! We have enough resources and different resources to help improve UI as well. Because our users want it, we want to provide it to our users...So lets keep this thread to UI discussion only please so that we can understand all the feedback for usability of the UI. Thank you guys!

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 09:15:07 pm »
This has been the best vera week in a long time. Almost feels like Christmas!

I like the app look. Similar to ImperiHome.

What about the desktop UI?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline Inzax

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 09:24:27 pm »
Keeping it all UI....

I like it.  I like the idea of what I think I am seeing.  Things like "who is home."  Seems to allow for more user customization if I am interpreting things right.  Like the grouping on the left.  Devices, Scenes, Groups with the bottom tabs of Dashboard, rooms, etc...  That could work nicely I think. 
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 10:24:10 pm »
This has been the best vera week in a long time. Almost feels like Christmas!

I like the app look. Similar to ImperiHome.

What about the desktop UI?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

You're right, we are only seeing half the story here. I'm more concerned about the web UI.
Although to me a UI isn't a deal breaker as Home Automation should always be working in the background and not be a fancy remote.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 10:31:01 pm »
Looks good

Don't forget tablet mode, which is as, or possibly more important. With some ability to zoom/scale. A 5" phone vs 8" tablet or 10" tablet should have completely different icon densities even if they are all at 1080p.

For multifunction devices (multisensor, power monitor outlet, power strips, etc) will need to be able to specify which data elements and/or controls are exposed.

Online notchy

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 10:32:36 pm »
UI looks nice from a mobile device perspective but majority of scene configuration for myself is done via a PC.

Can we see a desktop view?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline rafale77

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 10:42:26 pm »
I am going to wait and see. Look forward to the result melih. I hope you won't break the current local open API in the process since it is the one thing that is still keeping me around.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline jmarty32

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 12:05:44 am »
Looks great....! Any improvement to the current UI is welcome.

Offline Matsohl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 12:42:55 am »
Looks good  :) The possibility for virtual switches should be part of the system from beginning.
Vera Plus and Vera Edge with (Hue, Fibaro, Qubino, IKEA, Nexa, Sonos, Telldus, Sensative, Imperihome etc.) and Arduino, ESP8266

Offline dJOS

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 01:02:44 am »
Looks good  :) The possibility for virtual switches should be part of the system from beginning.

Agreed, Virtual switches are super useful!
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline Thorden

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 02:55:25 am »
That looks great!

I really hope to see a big change, and the news this week sounds extremely promising. Really hope you guys succeed with the plans you have for Vera, nothing would make me happier. Please make it happen, as soon as possible!  :)

Offline ledavidou

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 02:59:46 am »
Looks very good !!!