Author Topic: UI8 new interface, do you like it? please give us your feedback  (Read 14729 times)

Offline fgsalvador

Re: UI8 new interface, do you like it? please give us your feedback
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2018, 02:54:24 pm »
Hi,

This is my first post, though I?m a Vera user for about six years.

Welcome onboard to the new team, good luck with this.

Something I miss a lot from current UI is the option to define different control pannels/views for my kids, my wife or for me (the Admin  8). So I?d like to provide my children with a simplified panel to control a few devices, probably restricting access to security devices or cameras. However, me or my wife would have full access to every device on some panels (home tablets, laptop, PCs), while more reduced functionality panels on others (such as smarphones i.e).

Also, full control with Alexa/Siri/GooAssistant is a must, same as (offtopic, not really UI) IFTTT integration.

Keep going, team.

Offline yatagx

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2018, 06:24:03 pm »
Any estimate of when we might get the first version of UI8?

Great question!! I remember UI8 was promoted in the last CES we have almost a year wating fot it

Offline rpp124

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2018, 08:11:24 pm »
If I could make a suggestion...please test your UI in high contrast mode in Firefox and Edge.  Right now I can only use Edge for UI7 because many elements don't show up correctly in Firefox. 

Offline steve.lawrence

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2018, 10:15:21 pm »
Something I miss a lot from current UI is the option to define different control pannels/views for my kids, my wife or for me (the Admin  8). So I?d like to provide my children with a simplified panel to control a few devices, probably restricting access to security devices or cameras. However, me or my wife would have full access to every device on some panels (home tablets, laptop, PCs), while more reduced functionality panels on others (such as smarphones i.e).

This.

I see at the top that 'customisable' is a big word in a fancy font, And I'm okay with that. If I can do the above.

I have *lots* of zwave devices, and I actually quite liked the old UI5 - it displayed devices... in groups and they were just there.
Spent a good number of years on UI5.. only JUST upgraded to UI7. I guess I'm a bit of a luddite where *this* is concerned. (The wife is pretty picky). It worked, it was stable, quick and we used the old Legacy mobile app. But since that's no longer available, and phones have gotten upgraded etc etc. UI7 it had to be.

I dislike UI7. It's cluttered, there's stuff there I just don't want to see. I don't hook it up to my alarm. I'm not interested in Home / Away / modes. But there they are.. right at the top...  I don't need to see the irrigation when I'm trying to turn on the living room lights..

I'd like something simple, which presents devices I use most often on the front screen. If I can customise that? Great.

As an aside: Less of a luddite - I'm quite liking the alexa integration :)

Offline rpp124

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2018, 02:40:32 pm »

This.

I see at the top that 'customisable' is a big word in a fancy font, And I'm okay with that. If I can do the above.

I have *lots* of zwave devices, and I actually quite liked the old UI5 - it displayed devices... in groups and they were just there.
Spent a good number of years on UI5.. only JUST upgraded to UI7. I guess I'm a bit of a luddite where *this* is concerned. (The wife is pretty picky). It worked, it was stable, quick and we used the old Legacy mobile app. But since that's no longer available, and phones have gotten upgraded etc etc. UI7 it had to be.

I dislike UI7. It's cluttered, there's stuff there I just don't want to see. I don't hook it up to my alarm. I'm not interested in Home / Away / modes. But there they are.. right at the top...  I don't need to see the irrigation when I'm trying to turn on the living room lights..

I'd like something simple, which presents devices I use most often on the front screen. If I can customise that? Great.

As an aside: Less of a luddite - I'm quite liking the alexa integration :)

I also agree that it would be nice to be able to hide things we don't want to see.  I have a bunch of devices that show up due to add-ons that I don't need to see every day or don't use at all.  It would be nice to be able to hide them but have aq View All button or something that could show all of the hidden ones.

Offline dJOS

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2018, 04:05:18 am »
I'm not interested in Home / Away / modes. But there they are.. right at the top...  I don't need to see the irrigation when I'm trying to turn on the living room lights..

The Home / Away / Night / Vacation modes are useful for far far more than just Alarm systems - I use Home / Away to turn on/off my HVAC Systems as we arrive/leave and Night mode is great coupled to an Alexa routine called "bed time" which turns on our upstairs bedroom lamps and then turns down/up the heat / cooling for overnight and turns off all the lights in the house except for table lamps.

HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline Fanan

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2018, 07:44:24 am »
I would love to be able to customize the modes even more and I would like to give them names of my own.
Please also integrate more flexibility in scenes, like reactor does. With conditions like and/or + specific events, like the first saturday in every month, or a specific date.
Good luck - and keep up the good work!

Offline Scarab

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2018, 01:15:42 pm »
This may have been addressed, there is a lot to finish reading through.  But this entire redesign looks like an iOS specific app.  Not even Android and I suspect Windows Mobile will be lost entirely.  The ironic thing is that seems to be against the current digital trend of mobile websites or PWA to avoid developing apps for multiple types of devices.  This also doesn't tell me anything about the web UI for management from a PC (especially useful while at work or during initial setups).  I am hopeful but nervous.  And no new screenshots for months doesn't help. 

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2018, 03:40:25 pm »
This may have been addressed, there is a lot to finish reading through.  But this entire redesign looks like an iOS specific app.  Not even Android and I suspect Windows Mobile will be lost entirely.  The ironic thing is that seems to be against the current digital trend of mobile websites or PWA to avoid developing apps for multiple types of devices.  This also doesn't tell me anything about the web UI for management from a PC (especially useful while at work or during initial setups).  I am hopeful but nervous.  And no new screenshots for months doesn't help.
maybe try altui. one app for all form factors...
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,78.0.html

Offline Scarab

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2018, 05:05:06 pm »
maybe try altui. one app for all form factors...
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,78.0.html

I tried it and couldn't get it work.  However, that is for UI7.  I am referring to the new UI8 which this thread is discussing.