Author Topic: Vera Native Integration for Google Home  (Read 14578 times)

Offline bobbydoedoe

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Vera Native Integration for Google Home
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2018, 06:26:47 pm »
Might be just a tease after-all. should jump boat to homeseer

Offline asggold

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 01:04:50 pm »
Agreed!  I tried to ask Vera in a message and all they keep saying is to follow this Thread.  Thanks  ::)

Offline bmwgcyr

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 03:16:31 pm »
I am also waiting for a native GH for Vera.  Can we beta test.  Can we get an update form Vera dev team?

Offline vikes0115

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2018, 01:55:38 am »
The beta will be scheduled at the end of our current sprint. This would be around mid September if we include also a week of stabilisation.
A firmware upgrade will be necessary to have this available.

Comeon man, you're teasing us with a mid-september date and we're in mid-October!!!!

I'm dying here! :-P

Welcome to life with Vera.  Just look at the still unfinished integration with IFTTT, the release date just kept being pushed back until they stopped even providing any guidance.  Its been more than a year since they finally launched a limited beta and all progress has seemed to have come to a stop.  The new Google Home app integrations with my thermostat, tv, cameras, and other non-Vera devices is so good that I'm looking into my other options to move away from Vera and on to something that has Google Home support.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2018, 08:37:10 am »
@melih @sorin

With the new Google Home app coming out recently, it now has an interactive GUI where you can control devices within the app.

Vera's native integration will need to be a "Home Control" service account for this to work.

On this screenshot I have my Vera devices in the Google Home app via the 3rd party integration Vera Concierge.

Any progress news please on the Vera official integration?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:41:26 am by cw-kid »

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 09:27:57 am »
@cw-kid, we already have it  8)

I can't give any time-related news - I'll let Dragos do that.
But I know that we doing some last moment arrangements and then, straight to production.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 09:40:51 am »
Hi

That's good news you have the new Google Home app GUI working with Vera devices!

Can't wait to try the Vera native integration.

Thanks

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2018, 09:50:31 am »
@Sorin

What types of devices are supported, just lights and switches?

Or will sensors, like door / window contacts, thermostats, motion sensors etc also appear in the Google Home app GUI ?

If so we can then query by voice "OK Google is the front door open" or "OK Google what is the current setpoint of the thermostat" etc

SmartThings supports other sensor devices in the Google Home app.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:06:34 am by cw-kid »

Offline Matsohl

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2018, 03:29:35 pm »
@cw-kid, we already have it  8)

I can't give any time-related news - I'll let Dragos do that.
But I know that we doing some last moment arrangements and then, straight to production.

Great !  :)
Vera Plus and Vera Edge with (Hue, Fibaro, Qubino, IKEA, Nexa, Sonos, Telldus, Sensative, Imperihome etc.) and Arduino, ESP8266

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2018, 06:44:40 pm »
I've just been talking to another Vera user who is currently migrating away to Homeseer. He said he's been on the Google Home beta for Vera and it's only binary devices aka Lights and Switches, no sensors like the SmartThings integration with Google Home 😂

Offline mapolisi

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 12:19:56 pm »
As soon as I'll have the links for the firmware I will post it here so you guys can test it. We will gather feedback afterwards and improve the implementation if needed. Thanks for the feedback everybody.
Can i do beta tester?

Inviato dal mio HTC U11 utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2018, 05:40:15 am »
I've just been talking to another Vera user who is currently migrating away to Homeseer. He said he's been on the Google Home beta for Vera and it's only binary devices aka Lights and Switches, no sensors like the SmartThings integration with Google Home 😂

We did not have any kind of public beta, and although we will not have the full list of devices supported at launch, it will definitely be more than binary devices.
I don't see sensors yet tho, in the supported device list :) https://developers.google.com/actions/smarthome/guides/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:45:53 am by Sorin »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 02:52:05 pm »

We did not have any kind of public beta, and although we will not have the full list of devices supported at launch, it will definitely be more than binary devices.
I don't see sensors yet tho, in the supported device list :) https://developers.google.com/actions/smarthome/guides/

@Sorin

Perhaps I was misinformed then, but that guy said he had several bricked Vera units and he was put on to the IFTTT and Google Home beta to keep him happy. When I asked him what was the Google Home integration like with Vera he said:

"GH integration is basic. Only scenes and binary devices are controllable and then only in bound. No outbound triggers from Vera although I did document a workaround using webhooks and altui."

Maybe he was talking about IFTTT beta ? Although he did also say with regards to Vera that he'd "been beta testing GH for a year". So I am not sure.

Anyway I have another online friend who uses SmartThings with Google Home, he has posted some screen shots on one of our Facebook groups, of door contact and motion sensors from his SmartThings in the Google Home app and also a video of him querying his Google Home Mini speaker asking if a certain door is open, so I know that it works now with SmartThings.

Here is what my friend said:

"Just been getting my head around the new home app layout and just noticed that my smartthings contact and motion sensors are showing up as devices. So what do google have planned? Looks to me they are about to jump on the Alexa announcement feature so that google can announce when a sensor has been opened or closed or movement sensed"

Attached are two screen shots he posted of the Google Home app and Home Control devices area, now showing his SmartThings door / window contact sensors and motion sensors.

Its a closed Facebook group, so you would have to join to see the content.

UK Smart Home Automation Group

Here was the topic with the screen shots and there is the video in the comments.

Video link

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2018, 02:55:55 pm »
I don't think the native Vera integration with Alexa does that either with other sensors like door / window and motion sensors. Amazon have also recently started supporting those device types, so you can query Alexa for their current status and such.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2018, 03:05:34 pm »
Just seen the following from a SmartThings support FAQ webpage:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb/articles/214609826-Google-Assistant-and-SmartThings-FAQ#Certified

How do contact sensors work with Google Assistant?
Google Assistant can tell you the current state of your contact sensors.

Here are some example phrases:

Ok Google, is my front door open?

Ok Google, is my bedroom window open?