Author Topic: Vera Native Integration for Google Home  (Read 20522 times)

Offline lionelandjen

Re: Vera Native Integration for Google Home
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2019, 09:51:44 am »
I'm starting to get a little discouraged by the delay and lack of communication.

Folks in this group would be thrilled to offer their services for a beta test.  we all understand what beta means!

Offline Clems

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2019, 09:55:39 am »
I'm starting to get a little discouraged by the delay and lack of communication.

Folks in this group would be thrilled to offer their services for a beta test.  we all understand what beta means!

Me too.
I will start to consider to change my ZWave controller brand :(

Offline sanderbaks

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2019, 09:57:01 am »
Same here .. Maybe what other controllers could be considered?  Fibaro ? They have Google integration?

Offline redlow

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2019, 08:10:44 pm »
Me too.
I will start to consider to change my ZWave controller brand :(

Every time I time I think along the same line, I start doing some research and then conclude that I should stick with what I have.  Things seem to point to Smartthings, but then I read some of the reviews and am put off.  I am starting to get a bit flustered (I also feel that there haven't been that many improvements overall to my Vera). 

Offline vikes0115

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2019, 09:37:59 pm »

Every time I time I think along the same line, I start doing some research and then conclude that I should stick with what I have.  Things seem to point to Smartthings, but then I read some of the reviews and am put off.  I am starting to get a bit flustered (I also feel that there haven't been that many improvements overall to my Vera).

Smartthings seems to be what my research points to giving a try to next as well.  The big thing with them are the troubles related to their cloud service; but I think that's going to be an issue with any cloud service.  I have decided though if Vera abandons local processing and goes cloud based (as their new devices at CES seem to be pointing towards), I'll be giving Smartthings a try.  With the resources Samsung has and the experience Smartthings already has at doing this in the cloud and yet their still having problems, I'd hate to see the sh*t show the first cloud based Vera will be.  I was hopeful when the new ownership took over, but instead of seeing IFTTT and Google Home finally launch (since both were "nearly done" months ago) I'm no longer seeing any forward progress at all.  All of their products to date being concepts instead of in production, actually purchasable and useable products; which doesn't give me any more confidence.

Offline walshchristopherj

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2019, 08:29:26 pm »
I switched to Smartthings and couldn't be happier with my Google Home integration. I have had no issues at all.