We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: DSC Alarm Status  (Read 4004 times)

Offline timholmesjr

DSC Alarm Status
« on: February 05, 2012, 05:30:11 pm »
Is there a way to show alarm status using SQ remote?  I have been able to set up scenes for arm stay and arm away.  Is there a way to set up a scene for disarm?

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
Re: DSC Alarm Status
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:36:30 pm »
For status (other than sensor status) I believe this exists in a couple of the other control points but not SQ at the moment.

I think there maybe a problem with some of the buttons for away arm and disarm at the moment, and this could be preventing you from doing it.

As a work around to disarm, used the advanced tab and set it up per the attached pic. Also make sure you have EnableRemoteArm set as disarm in the main parent device.
For away arm, its the same as disarm, but instead you need to write Armed instead of Disarmed
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:42:23 pm by strangely »
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline Ryanoc75

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:03:47 pm »
I've also got the same issue with SQ Remote and the alarm status.  I've been pouring over the forum for many months prior to actually purchasing Vera3 for my mom to help her manage the house.  Many thanks in advance to Strangely et all for all the hard work they have been putting into standardizing the plugins etc.  I did some very basic coding in university so I get the general gist of it, however I'm not familiar with luup.  However I was curious to know if a work around could be done by using the virtual switch at the end of an arm or disarm scene?  ie arm sets the switch to on and disarm to off and then perhaps have Vera polling the alarm status and changing the virtual switch accordingly (say if someone else came home and turned the alarm off) so that SQ remote would have a reasonable idea of the alarm status.  I've set up a nice little interface in SQ that provides the status of all of our doors and motions sensors and smokes which is helpful when you set the alarm.  I do have a couple of questions that I would love some help with though. 

1) Can't seem to get the medical, police, and fire scenes to actually send to the alarm company (tested and failed) in SQ remote only- they do work just fine on Vera's dashboard.  Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

2) I've got a brand new 1832 panel with an IT100 and a wiznet (was a bit of a pain getting it to work and then I was reading the forum which said not to download from the app store and use xx files instead, discovered this AFTER I got the thing up and running so I deleted everything only to discover that the forum was outdated and the app store HAD been updated with ver .35 so I restored.  Nevertheless I can't seem to get Force arm to work?  We have two garage doors that have window door contacts that are fussy and randomly give us zone fault errors so I wanted to be able to force arm even if they are misbehaving.  (I've got one tilt sensor that works brilliantly on the 3rd garage door so I've ordered two more of those to replace the fussy ones and will move them elsewhere) Can the 1832 panel and the rfk5500 lcd panel accept a force arm from vera and sq remote? 

3) Not sure how this happened or if Vera was just having a bit of a spaz attack but we were watching a movie last night and she randomly turned on a light and then off two minutes later.  Additionally she set the alarm after running our "Go to Bed!" scene which was nice of her, however there's nothing in that scene that has any interaction with the alarm whatsoever??  Any ideas?

4) Lastly, and I think I have the general code requirements from researching the forum but I want Vera to check the status of the garage doors at 11pm each night and if they are tripped (using the tilt sensors) then closing the doors. I'm just confused at which variable I need to ask vera to "get".  Here's what I've managed to paste together (I'm running the garage doors off of 3 outdoor controllers wired to relays and into the opener and use the tilt sensors to provide door status so my Run scenes below simply turn the outdoor modules on and then off again 5s later)
local lul_tmp = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", "1", 101)
if (lul_tmp == "1") then
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "RunScene", {SceneNum = "5"}, 0)
local lul_tmp = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", "1", 105)
if (lul_tmp == "1") then
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "RunScene", {SceneNum = "4"}, 0)
local lul_tmp = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", "1", 104)
if (lul_tmp == "1") then
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "RunScene", {SceneNum = "8"}, 0)
end

Sorry for not placing the last bit in the correct forum topic but I wanted to try and recall all the little things I had questions about.  As always thanks in advance for any advice/ help that any of the experienced guys or moderators have to offer!

Ryan 
Vera3 2gig Thermostat, Kwickset door lock, DSC Alarm Panel wiznet - IT100, 7 DSC motion Sens 4 DSC 3way sen, 5 DSC door cont,  Aeon HEM pwr mon, Aeon 4in1 multi sens, 8 GE dimmers, 8 GE switches, 15 Intermatic plugs, GC100 Wifi, 2 F/F Sens, 5 HA07 RFremotes, Siri Homekit Bridge 10 Cams, 4 SmrtSwitch

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »
Many thanks in advance to Strangely et all for all the hard work they have been putting into standardizing the plugins etc.

All credit should go to @guessed, @futzle and @mcvflorin really :) 

I was curious to know if a work around could be done by using the virtual switch at the end of an arm or disarm scene?

Seems like a good idea so long as SQ remote can see the status of a virtual switch!

1) Can't seem to get the medical, police, and fire scenes to actually send to the alarm company (tested and failed) in SQ remote only- they do work just fine on Vera's dashboard.  Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

I've never tried this, but it does sound odd as SQ should just run the scene on Vera!
When you say it runs OK from Vera's dashboard, are you trying from the partition control itself, or via a scene on the dashboard?

2) Can the 1832 panel and the rfk5500 lcd panel accept a force arm from vera and sq remote?

Again, I've never tried this, but I think you should sort your doors sensors out with something like the following which is what I use:
http://www.smarthome.com/7455/Garage-Door-Contacts-for-Closed-Circuits-SM-226L/p.aspx

Also, regardless of the above, I think you need to change the EnableRemotePanic variable in the advanced tab of the parent device (panel) from false to true perhaps! @guessed can confirm this. I can try it on the weekend when I'm back home, although I don't think I have the buttons set up on my panel anyway!

we were watching a movie last night and she randomly turned on a light and then off two minutes later.  Additionally she set the alarm after running our "Go to Bed!" scene which was nice of her, however there's nothing in that scene that has any interaction with the alarm whatsoever??  Any ideas?

Have you got anything set up with timers at all? It sounds like it may have run a couple of scenes perhaps!? Maybe Vera restarted?

4) Lastly, and I think I have the general code requirements from researching the forum but I want Vera to check the status of the garage doors at 11pm each night and if they are tripped (using the tilt sensors) then closing the doors.

Well I think the correct serviceID (if you have them set up as motion sensors) is: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceID:SecuritySensor1 so it looks correct, however I tried to use this a while back to disable a light from turning on if my door was tripped, and it never worked, so I'm not sure! Again, I'll let @guessed chime in here perhaps!

Alternatively, you could install @woodsby garage door plugin, and just send a lock command at 11PM every night perhaps instead!
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 07:07:07 pm »
At a glance, it looks like the luup.variable_get calls have a few too many parameters. 

This will effectively make them run against "device 1" (Vera itself) instead of device "n", the security sensor you're interested in.

Haven't tried Force arming in a while, but I seem to recall that you need to enable it on the board (to be used without PIN) or provide it with a PIN.  I believe @strangely may have changed his settings so that Force-arm works without PIN... at least that's the sense I got from logs from his 2DS.

EnableRemotePanic is just for the Panic set (Fire, Ambulance, Panic... abbreviation avoided for obvious reasons).
EnableRemoteArm controls the various arming states.  One can be enabled without the other.