Author Topic: VeraMobile for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 -- How can we improve it?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline ionut.danila

• Administrator
  • Windows Platform Lead
As some of you already know (or you just found out for the first time), besides Android and iOS, customers can access their controllers using VeraMobile for Windows.

The app runs on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (Tablet, PC and Mobile). You can grab it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/p/veramobile/9nblggh1rl9l

We, the Windows Platform Team, are always trying to improve the experience for Vera users. This is why we need your feedback. Did you encounter any problems? Do you have suggestions for improvements? Please write your comments bellow. Any feedback is welcome!

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ionut Danila
Windows Platform Lead
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:01:18 am by ionut.danila »

Offline RogerO

Re: VeraMobile for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 -- How can we improve it?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 10:39:36 am »
The Geofencing is not very reliable. It doesn't seem to handle two phones as well as it used to. Otherwise, seems to work pretty well.

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 02:33:01 pm »
I'd like to have a better support for custom plug-ins. Right now very popular plug-ins like multistring or wind/temperature sensors are ignored. Please support custom icons better.

Plus, I'd like to have native integration for notifications for doorbells and other sensors.

Overall I like it very much, pass my compliments to the dev team!
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline hollandr

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 09:38:48 pm »
Firstly I would like to say thank you for having a Windows 10 app. It is the reason I purchased Vera Plus.
I find the app a bit unreliable. I mainly use it on my Lumia 950XL (there are a few of us Windows Phone users left) I find that device statuses don't update on resume sometimes and I am better off to restart the app so everything is nice and refreshed, so for me just continuing to work on stability and responsiveness would be great.
I plan on getting a new Surface tablet soon so my old one will be set up to have Vera on it pretty much all the time as a central hub for the home.

Offline pit

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 09:04:28 am »
I didn't know VeraMobile for Windows. Now I tested it on my notebook (12,5'').

I do not see much difference to the Web-UI. So for me it seems more important to optimize the web UI - also for small monitors.
One advantage of the web-UI is the possibility to use lokal inhouse-connection.

Offline timmy

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 09:01:58 am »
I also find that geofencing is not very reliable, but overall it works pretty well I like it, thank you to the development team.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:04:00 pm by timmy »

Offline kwieto

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 03:04:44 pm »
I don't see much potential for improvement, comparing Windows and Android apps, the Windows is Ferrari while Android is Ford Fiesta at best.
So first thing - don't break it please.
It can be improved in handling custom devices, like virtual ones (still better than android, but there is some room for improvement).
I like that the switching controllers is solved by drop-down menu on the top. Geofencing is sometimes an issue (way better than Android, though).
I like possibility to add device via app - I prefer to do it with desktop computer, but sometimes mobile app is more handy.
Scene builder could be extended (i.e. possibility to edit lua - I wouldn't advise to code on mobile, but for minor improvements/changes in the code it would be handy, at least untill we have to rely on lua for more advanced scene logic)