Author Topic: Triggerlinc?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline sknobs

Triggerlinc?
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:46:15 am »
Anyone have luck setting up the Smarthome INSTEON Triggerlinc?

Vera3 does not recognize it as a trigger device....just Generic IO

Help

Offline fba

• If it ain't broke, I ain't touched it yet.
    • Altsteon
Re: Triggerlinc?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:58:15 pm »
I have one of these laying around so I just gave it a try.   I suspected it was being flagged as Generic I/O because the Vera can "see" it long enough to know that it should be there, but when it gets around to querying information about the device it was failing.

I popped off the top and repeatedly hit the link button so that it would stay awake.   Watching the UI, I saw it show up as a motion sensor while I was keeping it awake.   Shortly after I stopped hitting the button like crazy, the Vera changed it to a Generic I/O.   So, it seems the Vera defaults devices to "Generic I/O" when it believes it should be there, but it isn't always awake to be poked at.   This is a pretty serious defect for battery powered wireless Insteon devices.   The Triggerlinc and Motion sensor only wake up when they are triggered.  They usually stay awake for a very short period of time, and then go back to sleep.   So, if you have commands that you are sending to them, you have to send them as soon as you see an event, or they won't get there.   The Remotelinc can be configured to wake up a various intervals and check in.  So it is a little easier to "deal with", but I suspect it would also show up as a Generic I/O device.  (If anyone cares, I can test with a remotelinc and see if it also misbehaves.)

FWIW, I tested on a Vera3 with the wireless USB stick as the PLM.   At the OS level, the wireless stick presents itself as being the same as the USB PLM, so that shouldn't make a difference.  However, if you think it is, I can probably hook up a wired PLM and test again.  ;D
Vera 3, Altsteon, (Insteon: Relay (Smarthome & Icon), Dimmer (Smarthome), Keypadlinc, 2420M, Triggerlinc, IOLinc, Garage Hawk, Venstar Thermostat, Fanlinc, MI lock, Appliancelinc, Synchrolinc, iMeter), CurrentCost, (Z-Wave: Schlage lock, GE Appliance switch), AutHomation