Author Topic: [Altsteon] Getting Started / How-To *Read First*  (Read 52034 times)

Offline BillC

• Sr. Newbie
Re: [Altsteon] Getting Started / How-To *Read First*
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2018, 10:07:06 am »
I am having issues with the copy to vera step
6a) Copy the files inside the 'vera-binaries' directory to the '/overlay/sbin/ directory' using SCP

I don't have a /overlay/sbin directory.

I have a VeraEdge.  Not sure if this makes any difference

thanks

Bill

Bill, care to share what you did to get this working. I too have the exact same issue you state here on my VeraPlus UI7

Sorry. Just saw this question. I am not sure if v+ has a different directory structure or if they are the same. Honestly I can?t remember what I did. I switched to a V+ and didn?t move my insteon stuff. It just didn?t work consistently and was a pain to add devices. I was only saving a couple dollars and now they sell floor mounted zwave flood sensors.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline aboyer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2018, 11:58:40 am »
I know this a very old thread.

I have an Vera Lite with Alsteon running for years. It has been running great and I haven't messed with it in probably 3-4 years now. I recently got a Amazon Echo and it seems that I need to use the new Vera firmware (I think I am still on UI5) to make use of the Echo.

Can I update the firmware to UI7 without worrying that Altsteon will crash? Or if I update is there a preferred method so that I don't have to redo everything that is setup currently.

Thanks,
Antonio

Online HSD99

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2018, 12:46:33 pm »
Hi Antonio,

Let me suggest that you contact Vera Customer Care. There are some potential issues with upgrading a Vera Lite to the latest UI7 firmware, most having to do with limited memory space on the VL. They might also be able to help with your question about Alesteon.

Offline aboyer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2018, 01:11:17 pm »
Hi HSD99,

Thanks for the response. I did need to get Vera support to help getting upgraded but they were unable tom help in regards to Altsteon. I am assuming that after the upgrade from UI5 to UI7 that Alsteon was deleted or written over.

So it would seem that I need to start reading again to try to figure out what the purpose of Alsteon was any why I installed it in the first place and then figure out if I still require it.

It has been about 5 or so years that I haven't had to touch my system other than an occasional reboot.

Thanks,
Antonio