We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Nest Learning Thermostat on sale at Lowe's  (Read 93703 times)

Offline watou

Re: Nest Learning Thermostat on sale at Lowe's
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2014, 11:24:45 am »
I'm just curious, what is missing that you'd like to see?

On my quick perusal of the new spec, the API does not include thermostat battery_level or current running equipment state (heater_state, ac_state or fan_state -- however is_using_emergency_heat seems to mean the current running state of emergency heat in heat pump systems).  It also rounds ambient and current setpoint temperatures to whole degrees (F) or half degrees (C), instead of exposing the full known precision.  There is no ability to turn the fan on and off, or to set the periodic fan interval (fan_timer_timeout is read-only and would not be how to set the interval anyway).  The structure element does not expose the full location details (street_address, location, postal_code -- if the user authorizes the plugin to know this information, it ought to be able to retrieve it). 

I may be reading the spec incorrectly or too hurriedly, and my list above may be incomplete as to things the plugin ought to be able to know and do.

watou

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2014, 02:55:31 pm »
Nothing on motion state for nest protect? I would really like to use the motion detection of the nest protect that initiates the nightlight as additional motion detection devices. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2014, 11:11:15 am »
I'd love to see a new thread discussing the official API - where thoughts/ideas regarding use cases can be openly discussed..
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline watou

« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2014, 01:50:56 pm »
I'd love to see a new thread discussing the official API - where thoughts/ideas regarding use cases can be openly discussed..
I would happily go to a new thread if you set one up and pointed folks from here to there.  I don't have anything to add at the moment, though.

Offline Mikey

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2014, 10:53:25 am »
Regarding the actual subject, Lowe's has an online ordering code for 10% off (47000RRRRR2404R), which brings the cost of the thermostat down to ~$225 (plus tax and less any applicable local rebates).  FYI.