Author Topic: Hiding devices and scenes  (Read 7825 times)

Offline Hisedase

Hiding devices and scenes
« on: May 10, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »
Hi I'm new at the whole Vera story, so maybe i'm asking stupid questions, but I looked all over forum and google but can't find a way to hide devices and scenes from my vera (ios).

I placed a fibaro switch (3KW), but that thing makes 3 devices in vera.  I'm using only one, but i see 1 named device in my "room" and 2 _Appliance Module devices, which is confusing for users other than me ...  you can't delete them, you can't move them, so hiding them would be a great, maybe the only solution..

Also i made a "timer" using countdown plugin.  But this contains 3 scenes, which are also diplayed in user interfaces, they are placed in global scenes, but they are still there.  Not a big deal, but hiding them would be nicer..

I'm talking vera lite with ui5

Anyone suggestions ?

Thx,
Hisedase

Offline aschwalb

Re: Hiding devices and scenes
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:28:40 am »
Hi I'm new at the whole Vera story, so maybe i'm asking stupid questions, but I looked all over forum and google but can't find a way to hide devices and scenes from my vera (ios).

Anyone suggestions ?

Thx,
Hisedase

The way you handle it with UI5 is to 'pin' only the devices you want to see on your dashboard.  On your IOS device that depends on the app you selected.  Some support filtering or favorites and some support hiding.  These are not VERA things just functions the app developers decided to do.  It would be nice if they respected the 'pinned' device so that if you pin a device it is automatically on your favorites list for example. 

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Re: Hiding devices and scenes
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:40:51 am »

Anyone suggestions ?

Thx,
Hisedase

The way you handle it with UI5 is to 'pin' only the devices you want to see on your dashboard.  On your IOS device that depends on the app you selected.  Some support filtering or favorites and some support hiding.  These are not VERA things just functions the app developers decided to do.  It would be nice if they respected the 'pinned' device so that if you pin a device it is automatically on your favorites list for example.

That is a great idea, unfortunately for me the lu_data does not have the pin device info. Otherwise I would add it in my app.

- Garrett

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 08:30:11 pm »
There needs to be a separate way to identify variables for 3rd party UIs... using the default UI5 items, like pinning, might work but is far from ideal.

Are there any open or flexible fields that 3rd party UIs can read and parse?  Even if we need to add something like this... Authom$Fav

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 06:05:43 am »
@Aaron

Every device can have a Hidden attribute. On UI4, a device was hidden when Hidden was "1", and visible when Hidden was "0". On UI5 a device is hidden when the Hidden attribute exists, and visible when it doesn't. The problem is that if you created the Hidden attribute you cannot delete it unless you manually edit the user_data. So once you hide a device on UI5, you cannot easily make it visible again.

To hide a device run this code from Test Luup code:
Code: [Select]
luup.attr_set("hidden", "1", <device #>)
Edit: It looks like in the newer firmwares this has been "fixed" by ignoring the Hidden attribute completely, which means that hiding a device is not possible anymore.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:23:26 am by mcvflorin »

Offline Hisedase

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 08:40:02 am »
Thanks for the replies guys !

I bought the SQ Blaster, and the software (SQ Connect), does exactly what I want, so my problem is solved (interface of SQ connect is very customizable....)

Greetzz

Hise

Offline Dolphran

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:48 pm »
One could put all the devices you don't want to see in a room called ZZZ, so it will sort to the end of the list and segregate the devices.