We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Please help me (noob): XBMC and SQBlaster (not related)  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Thomasss

Please help me (noob): XBMC and SQBlaster (not related)
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »
Hi all,

For those who don't already read my few posts, I'm new into HA for few weeks now.
I go as far as I can do alone but now I really need your help.

I'm stuck with two different problems: The SQBlaster and XBMC.

For XBMC, I try to setup a basic device to be able to send http command.
I know that Chixxi is working on a far more complete pluggin. I don't want to "compete" with this pluggin.
It just because it's seems me a simple case to test the device creation.
On this topic , I post a more detailled post abour my problem. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9680.msg73904.html#msg73904

My second problem is with the SQBlaster+ . I'm now able to use the send pronto code action.
The SQBlaster is blinking but reaction. Normal as I put a random number (14) as value.
Where can I find  a list of pronto code for my TV (Philips) ?

I'm not sure how to configure this box. (I don't have any IPad/Phone.)
I've tried with the broken web "add IR device" and as adviced with the Vera Android mobile App but it didn't recognize my SQBlaster.
What should be the normal behaviour if the plugging was working as expected ?

Lots of questions, sorry! You don't need to reply all at once ;) ;)
I mostly working on HA during the WE and I will be really happy to make a step forward.

Thank you very much !

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
Re: Please help me (noob): XBMC and SQBlaster (not related)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:49:40 pm »
Where can I find  a list of pronto code for my TV (Philips) ?
Not sure if this one work, but its worth a try:
http://files.remotecentral.com/view/6581-17905-1/philips_2007_television.html
Normally remote central is my goto place for codes!

I've tried with the broken web "add IR device" and as adviced with the Vera Android mobile App but it didn't recognize my SQBlaster.
What should be the normal behaviour if the plugging was working as expected ?

Assuming you have the plugin installed correctly then when trying to create a device, then you should see something like in the attached picture.

If you installed the Plugin from the app store, then you make sure you follow the post here below, as there is currently an error that causes it to not install correctly:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10636.0.html
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline Thomasss

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:15:18 am »
Big thanks for the reply. Will try that this WE.

For the IR codes, are these "prontoCode" ? I was expecting stuff like that : <0010><00a0>...

For the SQBlaster, I don't know where to find the screen you post.
On the "All Device" panel I have the 4 SQBlaster Chanel and an "SQ Blaster plugin" device but I never saw "SQBlatser control".
I just see that I have now a device listed in the AVGear tab with 3 icons :setup,control and "create a custom control...". When clicking on create a cusotm control I ahve a light grey windows openig with nothing inside.
The control icon give no action at all.

Didn't go deeper into test. Thanks for the reply and have a nice WE !

Offline Thomasss

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 02:35:46 pm »
Thank you again Strangely for your response.

For the IR codes, I downloaded the file phi-tv-2k7.zip with a doc inside.
Assuming I want to power-on/off my TV, I should use the codes 000.012 for standby.

Obviously, I can't just put that value into the action field "sendProntoCode".
The IR device is blinking but no reaction from the TV.
I read about xmls conversion and HEX but was completly lost.
But I think I should focus on my issue below. It should solve the two problem at once.

For the SQBlaster, I already changed the impl_file to I_SQBlaster1.xml
If I go to the screen you posted, the "SQ BLaster (Control)" is not listed.
If I continue by selecting the brand (philips) and the type (tv) it fails when pressing test butons.
The message is "NO IR BLASTER"

Thank you for your time.

Offline Thomasss

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:12:02 am »
yéyéé... it's working !!
Don't have time to explain in details but i just go through the assisted setup and manually changed the codeset.

I will post more explanation later in case someone have the same issue.

And then let's go to step 2 : learning code for exotic devcice like ISP tripple play deocder.

Have a nice day!

Offline Thomasss

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 04:44:24 pm »
as promised, please find here which steps was necessary to get the SQBlaster to work
The solution was certainly posted before more than once, but here is simple up-to-date "guide".

- Just install the pluggin through the normal web interface
- In the advanced Tab of the SQBlaster plugin device, set the impl_file as "I_SQBlaster1.xml"
- Then create a new  IR device with the Guided setup and select "SQBlaster pluggin" as transmitter
- Just click next on the 6 test screen. Ignore the error if pressing test buttons.
- At the end it will probably say that there are multiple codesets possible. Click OK.
- In the AVGear tab, you should normally the freshly created device with three icons.
- Click the blue/red one (controle). A virtual command should display. Test if the command are working.
- If yes, your done. If not, click on the setup icon, advanced tab and codeset(s) fields.
- Logically, the codesets fields contain the available codesets ; the other the selected codeset.
- Change the value to one of the other available and go abck to the AVGear Tab to test.
- Repeat until you found the right code.

My mistake during theses test was to focus on errors instead of continuing straight forward.
I was not convinced that it was the good way until it works.

Now I'm trying to find how to learn code from my ISP decoder and it's IR remote.
Still a step one : search the forum for similar posts.

to be continued

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 05:28:57 pm »
Glad you got it working!
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline juamonco

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 05:28:09 am »
Hi, I have tried the same procedure to get my tv working with the sqlaster and everything is ok but I couldn't find a codeset that works, and I have tried more tha 50 or maybe it is the remote ir ebedded is not working. Do yo know a codesdet for sony bravia kdl TV?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:13:13 am by juamonco »

Offline Thomasss

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 11:21:29 am »
Hi,
Just to be sure, when testing in low light, do you see the SQblaster blink ?

There is a tool called SQDesigner available for free demo (unable to save).
The DB used for this tools seems more up to date. Do anybody know why ?

There is also a learning mode where you can record existing remote IR code.
I've managed to control an RGB LED Bulb by creating a television, selecting a dumb prontoCode and changing the value. I've juste copy paste the code from the SQDesigne app.

Good luck !

Offline juamonco

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 03:03:48 am »
Thanks. Yes I see the red light in the SQBlaster blink using the predefined code sets (in vera, adding an IR device) but they don't work. I've tried the code sets that are in the SQDesigner DB and they work in the SQDesigner test tool but when I put the same code set number (eg 0000) in the code set variable under the advanced tab in the created IR device, it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:06:12 am by juamonco »

Offline Thomasss

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 04:28:55 am »
Hi,
Again, just to be sure, here is an extract of my I_Codeset_231.xml I modified to control the RGB lamp.
During my first test I also tried with very shotr code like "0f3e" but then discover that it should be much longer.

<action>
   <serviceId>urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DiscretePower1</serviceId>
   <name>Off</name>
   <button>3</button>
   <remote>0</remote>
   <ir>L2d 12a00 d3050121 4e2d119d 8d3119d 46f0121 3460121 1122414 44444443 33333334 34334443 43443330 20000000</ir>
   <irtoggle></irtoggle>
</action>
<action>
   <serviceId>urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Tuning1</serviceId>
   <name>ChannelUp</name>
   <button>4</button>
   <remote>0</remote>
   <ir>0000 0062 000B 0000 0020 00E0 0020 0060 0020 0060 0020 00E0 0020 0060 0020 00E0 0020 0060 0020 00E0 0020 0060 0020 00E0 001F 6C04</ir>
   <irtoggle></irtoggle>
</action>

The first action is a modified one and the second is an original.
Also note that when using the learning mode of the SQBlaster through SQdesigner, you need to exactly follow the instruction... Like enable learn mode, click the Sony remote then click again learn mode of something like that.. Sorry I don't remember the exact procedure. Otherwise you will get incomplete prontoCode.

My 2ct... good luck !

Offline juamonco

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 04:02:46 am »
Hi, indeed it was the need of repeating the ir code. I think that in the advanced ta of the IR remote in Vera would be very useful to have a variable called "number of repetitions" or something like that, to avoid having to manually change all the xml file. Now I have to figure how to change the xml files.