Author Topic: Fibaro double relay  (Read 365 times)

Offline Studsy26

Fibaro double relay
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:52:35 pm »
Hi guys, I have a fibaro double relay with wall switches connected. Does anyone now if I can set the double relay to activate only when the wall switch is sending a live to the relay?
Thanks

Online Maegda

• Customer Care
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fibaro double relay
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:29:18 am »
Hello Studsy26,

What exactly do you need to achieve?

Isn't the switch always connected to the live line?

Vera Control, Ltd.  Smarter Home Control
support@getvera.com  +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline Studsy26

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 12:00:23 pm »
Hello Maegda,

I have fibaro double relay controlling my lights also with a wall switch connected to terminal S1 for manual control. Say for instance I turn the lights on from the wall switch and then turn the lights off from vera UI, the wall switch is still in the on position sending a live to terminal S1 while the lights are off, then if I switch the wall switch to the off position the lights turn on as the relay is detecting a change of state from the wall switch.

Is there a way to have the relay turn ON manually only when switching the wall switch to the ON position (sending a live to terminal S1) 

Thanks

Offline Alex444

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 04:33:48 pm »
Hello

You should change Parameter 20 (switch type) to 1.
See manual.

Offline Cor

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 08:49:06 pm »
I think you are better of with wall-switches with a spring in it (momentary switch) and change parameter 14 to 0 for the relay.

Cor

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 12:47:32 am »
^^^
I'll go one step further and suggest that the only way for you to accomplish the requirement is to use a momentary switch.
Assuming that you are in the EU, then I suggest using a TEM SM11 Push Button Switch or equivalent.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.