Author Topic: Vera Weather - always a long way behind reality  (Read 264 times)

Offline dJOS

Vera Weather - always a long way behind reality
« on: September 14, 2018, 01:31:26 am »
Hi MCV Folk, can you please assist, My Vera Plus weather is always quite inaccurate - I wondered if it was the source so I googled it and it seems Vera uses the Google Weather API.

Then I checked Google weather, for my location, and the result I got is very accurate. My Vera seems to be using old data and is several degrees out of date. This is not great because I want to use the MIOS Outside Temp app to trigger certain systems and if the weather info is wrong then it'll be a huge waste of time.

So how often does Vera check the weather and can it be changed to update more frequently?

PS, my location info is setup correctly (Kilsyth, Victoria, Australia), before anyone asks.

HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline Maegda

• Customer Care
  • Global Moderator
Re: Vera Weather - always a long way behind reality
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:56:43 am »
Hello dJOS,

I sent you an email, please enable remote access on Vera and let me know the access code. I will check the weather settings.

Thank you!
Vera Control, Ltd.  Smarter Home Control
support@getvera.com  +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline dJOS

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 02:29:57 am »
Hello dJOS,

I sent you an email, please enable remote access on Vera and let me know the access code. I will check the weather settings.

Thank you!

Howdy, thanks I'll do that shortly.
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline svaleb

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 04:03:58 am »
I have had 3 degrees since last year.
I have talked to support about it but the problem has never been solved.

Offline dJOS

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 06:29:37 am »
I have had 3 degrees since last year.
I have talked to support about it but the problem has never been solved.

Yeah mine is between 2 - 3 degrees C out compared to every other reputable source.

It wouldn't be a big deal for me if I could access the outdoor temp from my nest thermostats from within Vera, but I can't.  :(

Offline dJOS

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 05:27:43 pm »
So support got back to me, Vera are using yahoo and not google which explains why the weather is so inaccurate. Yahoo is rubbish in Australia and last I checked the company is a shell of its former self!