We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New plugin for reading the gas and electricity usage from a Dutch Smart meter  (Read 104362 times)

Offline TwannieM

Hi Reene

I noticed major layout changes after the update yesterday
I can't findout what they changed... do you know?... the column layout is not used anymore?

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Hi Twannie,

With 7.05 they made significant changes indeed and it looks like the top and left value have become meaningless for the panel view. They updated the static JSON documentation yesterday on this page http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Luup_plugins:_Static_JSON_file#Position_device_controls_for_generic_devices

You can also try the new JSON simulator under Apps, Develop Apps.

Cheers rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline TwannieM

Yes, I just found that. Thanks!

For people in Holland interested:
Here is the new json which is adapted to the new layout coding.

Offline TwannieM

Rene, that new json testing area is very very handy indeed!

Offline TwannieM

Rene... I am testing to understand but it looks like I really don't  :-\
With the windowscovering json file 2 buttons are above the slider and 3 below by defaut.
I changed the coding to but the slider on top and put all the burrons below that.
It does not work however.
Maybe, if you have some spare time would you check what I am doing wrong?

Offline TwannieM

I am sorry Ren?
I am trying to get a combination of to files to work but I fail
attached an ".._original.." file which includes the total meters number (KWH)
The other one, posted later on in this post does not get this numer anymore.
I noticed some changes in the top of the file but I am not able to work it out because of the quite big diffeerences between the two.
Could you help me to find out what I did wrong...I am not sure I am getting the number and I am trying to round the same as the gas number

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Hi Twannie,

In both you see for the KWH the function totalPowerMeters. That function is there in _original one but not the other. It must have dropped off somewhere.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline basd82

What is the current version dutch powermeter ?

Offline TwannieM

Bas, hold on for a sec, i need to fix this so we have a good version.

Offline TwannieM

In both you see for the KWH the function totalPowerMeters. That function is there in _original one but not the other. It must have dropped off somewhere.

I entered the function and it directly added the high and low in and out powermeters but.. the don't show any values and if i check, there are no variabeles in those meters

Offline TwannieM

What is the current version dutch powermeter ?

These are the latest I have now. It should do the Gas correct both meters (ISKA or ...(Thanks to RexBeckett!)
They are adapted to match the latest firmware

Like the original it show live wattage next to the devicename and addtional the following fields:
Tarief (1 or 2)
Meterstand (Total meter, rounded at 1 digit(thanks Rex)
Gas (Total gas, rounded 1 digit (thanks Rex)

The advance tab also shows 4 values now.

As you see in Dutch but easily adapted (and to be tested in the new module!) in the json file.

Offline TwannieM

Hi Rene

My high and low tarif meters are not updating anymore... this after adding another energy meter (Aeon HEM1)
Dou know have any adea why this is happening (looking at the latest files posted above)?

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Hi Twannie,

We can't keep up with you  ;D. Normally plugins do not interfere and the HEM does not use the serial/USB interface so no reason for that either. Have you looked in the Vera log files to see what is going on?

BTW; I am working on a completely different version to read the Dutch Smart meters that allows you to choose the meters to show . High and low separate or combined if you have a single tariff, optionally show meters for energy generation (T1-,T2-) separate or combined, have a separate gas meter, and a separate whole house power meter (only when you have multi tariff or energy generation). All child devices will be standard Power Meters, except the gas one as there is no standard for that, and the processing is completely different. I hope to publish in a week or two as I do not have too much time at the moment.

Cheers Rene

Offline TwannieM

Hi Twannie,

We can't keep up with you  ;D. Normally plugins do not interfere and the HEM does not use the serial/USB interface so no reason for that either. Have you looked in the Vera log files to see what is going on?

BTW; I am working on a completely different version to read the Dutch Smart meters that allows you to choose the meters to show . High and low separate or combined if you have a single tariff, optionally show meters for energy generation (T1-,T2-) separate or combined, have a separate gas meter, and a separate whole house power meter (only when you have multi tariff or energy generation). All child devices will be standard Power Meters, except the gas one as there is no standard for that, and the processing is completely different. I hope to publish in a week or two as I do not have too much time at the moment.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene

That's is so nice and very much apreciated..!!!
You can keep up haha, I only trying to make minor adjustment due to my junior status   ::)

Offline TwannieM

It would have been nice to know what went wrong though :)
I think there might be an error in the I_... xml because of chanages I made.
I noticed when I remove the extra meters they are not created again