We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New plugin for reading the gas and electricity usage from a Dutch Smart meter  (Read 102844 times)

Offline cmbeek

• Sr. Newbie
@bfromdruten Still very happy with you plugin for Dutch Smart meter. After some calling and mailing with my energyprovider I finally get the gasmeter values to my vera.
Next problem: How can i get this value displayed in SQ-remote. Sq-remote only seems to be able to display celsius, watts and kWh? Any idea of suggestion?

Offline bfromdruten

@cmbeek: I don't own a sq-remote, so I really can't help you on this one.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
How can i get this value displayed in SQ-remote.

You can't. SQRemote can only display a preset list of variable types. Custom plugin variables (as m^3 are) are unknown to SQRemote.

I recall that there was a request with Square Connect to allow users to ask for any custom variable to be displayed. As far as I know it hasn't been implemented yet.

Offline Alphaxe

Hi All,

I am new at this forum and an living in the Netherlands.

I follow this the products of micasaverde now for few months and want to buy an Vera Lite solution for home automation.
One of the first thinks i going to do is to connect it with my dutch smart meter with p1 port and also for security and light switching, the house i'm going to use for it is build at this moment so i do not now yet which smart meter is placed.

Can someone place some screenshots of the graphs that er made with the vera lite. is it also possible to log longterm usage to get nice overview of usage in different periods.

Hopefully can someone place some screenshots of the log results, so i can decide if this is the solution i looking for to monitor and log gas and engergy usage.

Regards,

Alphaxe

Offline JaapvanEkris

• Sr. Newbie
Hi,

I am also considering building the cable and requesting a smart meter. In all fairness, it is cheaper and better than hooking up converters from the meters, or buying seperate meters.

The Vera Lite comes with a Ergy Energy plugin (ergyenergy.com) which can be hooked up to any device. I haven't entered a "global" energy consumption meter yet, but the readback from my switches has proven much insight already. In Vera you can add a expected energy consumption for every switch, even if it doesn't measure energy consumption. What I can read back from ergy is pretty valuable because it not only shows Watts, but also Watt-hours. I now see my big energy wasters.

The default account is Lite, with almost no data storage. There are bigger accounts, the one for $20 allows you to go back 13 months in history.

Jaap

Offline huib

@bfromdruten;

could a ask for a proposal which might be incorporated in your plug; to have an option to see the total consumption over the last 24 hrs and to see the consumption over the last periode of chosen time.

an idea could be that each hour at X.00 the value of low and high electricity and gas are stored in a file at location {x} and the consumption over the last hour / last 24 hours can be made visible
the same for the the data of midnight and begining of each month. the are stored in a other file, so the daily and monthly trend can be made visible
if the value's are over write the old data the files wil not become very big.

please be so kind to have a look into it

rgds
huib

- veralite UI5 - veralite UI7 - 9 fibaro dimmers - 7 fibaro switches - 2 eminent movement sensors - remote control - opentherm gateway - remote powermeter reading - control of whr930 unit - control of washing machine -

Offline Jacob

• Sr. Newbie
I have installed the plugin to read-out my smart meter and it works brilliantly.
Electrical in- and export as well as the gas consumption.
To calculate and log the daily consumption I have made a Scene that runs every day at 07:00 and make use of some VariableContainer plugin's.
This date is in turn read by and stored in the DataMine plugin.
As I have no particular knowledge in Scene programming I have read the various solutions offered in this forum.
I think it is an appropriate moment to thank all persons offering their knowledge and time to come with these fantastic building blocks for everyone to develop his own home automation.

Jacob

Offline ROBBshop

@bfromdruten..
Thanks for you're app, it works perfect!
I have a solar request
In my Vera i see the actual PowerUsage (Watt) 1-0:1.7.0
If possible i would also like to see the value of 1-0:2.7.0 (solarpower to grid)
Maybe its an option that when the 1st is zero the displayed value changes to the power returned to the grid (with a - sign)
to show the actual return to the grid.
If you're too busy maybe we can do it ourselves when you give us some instructions...
Many thanks!!!!

Offline bfromdruten

@robvanbrunschot
I don't have any solar panels, so I can't test, but isn't it possible to use and deliver electricity back at the same moment? If so, separate devices is an better option. I also rather not use the same variable for two things, because the datamine data collection would not see the difference.

Thanks

Offline ROBBshop

@bfromdruten: Let me rephrase my question: (very politely)
Can u help us to change you're code that when the variable 1-0:1.7.0 is 0 (not using power from the grid) the variable displayed for actual Power usage will be the negative of 1-0:2.7.0 (being the power returned to the grid?). My goal is to display what my house Is using out of the grid, or feeding back into it. I understand this does not account for the total usage at that moment.

The other way would be to just add 1-0:2.7.0 to the variable list and then rewrite the way it is displayed (may be the easier way from a coding standpoint....

I hope u understand what I mean.
Where not to lazy to do it ourselves :) we just don't know how :)
Thanks so much!

Offline Crismaison

Great plugin, works like a charm. Just a shame my sq connect does not allow me to show the gas usage

Edit... With the help of Huibs post I am able to send a mail at a certain time to receive the actual usage.
Would it be possible to send a weekly mail which compares the value of date1 and date2 and tells me the usage of that week.
I would love to get a weekly mail with my usage that week.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:10:33 am by Screamhouse »
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline mfp

Hi,

Made some small changes for users who produce their own energy eg with with solar systems. Only file edited is "I_dutchSmartMeter.xml".

Changes:
1)    Edited  -- Check current watts section --
       Renamed this section to  -- Check current watts import --
       Added comments for documentation (and my own understanding of the code  ;D)
       Logging messages extended with word Import to make a difference with the added section by me
2)    Added Section -- Check current watts export --
       This section has the same structure as -- Check current watts import --
       Produced watts have minus mark (-) in front of the number as suggested by robvanbrunschot
       The root device will show the actual usage or production

Mark
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:30:17 pm by mfp »

Offline DiscoveryTD5

Hi,
I am following this tread and was wondering is anybody could post some screenshots from the plugin in use. Thanks

Offline mfp

Post/message 1 has some screenshots. Here another screenshot attached of the smartmeter plugin.

Mark
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:09:20 am by mfp »

Offline mr leaver

Hi people.

having read this topic and since i have a vera lite since november 2012 and a dutch smartmeter since 2-1-2012 i ordered a serial cable on ebay (antratek does not have it in stock)
I already have my alarm system hooked up on serial so i hope a second cable on usb hub will work.

Is there a way to get a extra meter for gas as a separate device ?