We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New plugin for reading the gas and electricity usage from a Dutch Smart meter  (Read 103828 times)

Offline Otje

@C4Vette

thanks for hinting towards the Vcontainer.
i was also intrested in gas usage during the day and thanks to Vcontainer and some lua i can now monitor the gas usage in intervals during the day.

I also noted that the Gas usage is reported only every hour? I was under the impression that similar to kWh usage the gas usage was reported every 10 seconds, when the serial line is polled.

does everybody have the same experience or is it only me?
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Hi Otje,

The Gas value is included in the 10 second poll. However, it does not change that often is my experience. I have not looked if it is once an hour or quicker. However, looking at the DSRM 4.0 standard it probably is the hourly value. See page 14 : http://www.gpx.nl/pdf/poort-P1-voorbeeld-2012.pdf

Cheers rene.
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Otje

Hi

you are right, the document says: Last hourly value in M3. This confirms my reading

thank you very much for confirming.

now it does not make sense for me to calculate 1 min or 5 min consumption in my graphs and i can take a sample each hour (Datamine will also love this...)
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

bartandeweg

Someone any idea how to get the plugin to show the data right in the interface? See attached screenshot. The text is scrambled.

Offline TwannieM

Someone any idea how to get the plugin to show the data right in the interface? See attached screenshot. The text is scrambled.

Same issue here

Offline TwannieM

I will try to fix this and let you know

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Hi,

There is a significant difference between UI5/6 and UI7 in this. Before the default width of a scene group was 3 button witdths, i.e. "x": "3" even if you set it to 1, 2 or 6. And if you want to make it wider, the device on the panel had to get wider as well ("x">"4" in the top definition) else the values would not be shown.

However, with the new UI7 layout, the width of the device is fixed. Now the scene group x means the number of columns you like to use and you can make it 1, 2, 3 or 15. The higher the number of columns, the narrower they get. If you now position a control in the control group mapping to that scene group you place the control relative of the number of columns. Example will help;
 SceneGroup "x": "1", means you can use a value between 0 and 1 from left to right.
 SceneGroup "x": "3", means left 0 -1 is first column, 1-2 is second and 2-3 is third, but still on that same left to right width.

I think the quickest and most compatible change is to SceneGroup with "id": "1" and change "x": "6" to "x": "3". I cannot test my assumption right now, but give it a shot.

Cheers Rene.

2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline TwannieM

I will try to fix this and let you know

I messed around a bit and here is the version showing better in UI7
I also changed the text into dutch.
Just install the .json through "apps">"Develep apps">"luup files"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:26:04 am by TwannieM »

bartandeweg

I messed around a bit and here is the version showing better in UI7
I also changed the text into dutch.
Just install the .json through "apps">"Develep apps">"luup files"

Nice. Thanks for your time on this.

Offline Jacob

• Sr. Newbie
@TwannieM
How did you get that nice icon
Jacob

Offline TwannieM

I uploaded the item to google and changed the code to link to it.
I am still looking for the dir on the vera where the uploaded files are stored

Offline TwannieM

Do someone happen to know a place where you can share small images with everyone like, forever?

Offline TwannieM

Would it be possible to create a seperate device for gas?

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Hi,

It depends on the UI version you have where the icons get stored. Not so nice and no real idea why but just a fact of Vera  ;)

On UI5  /www/cmh/skins/default/icons
On UI6  /www/cmh_ui6/skins/default/icons
On UI7 /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/

One more caveat. When you use your own local icons, they will not show when you access your Vera remotely. When you keep this as a URL to an image on the internet it will always show.

You can find all this information on the wiki pages http://wiki.micasaverde.com/

Cheers Rene

Offline TwannieM

Hi,

It depends on the UI version you have where the icons get stored. Not so nice and no real idea why but just a fact of Vera  ;)

On UI5  /www/cmh/skins/default/icons
On UI6  /www/cmh_ui6/skins/default/icons
On UI7 /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/

One more caveat. When you use your own local icons, they will not show when you access your Vera remotely. When you keep this as a URL to an image on the internet it will always show.

You can find all this information on the wiki pages http://wiki.micasaverde.com/

Cheers Rene

Hi, I am aware of that but.
You can upload png files too by the luup upload... i was just wondering where they are stored