We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New plugin for reading the gas and electricity usage from a Dutch Smart meter  (Read 104252 times)

Offline bfromdruten

@cmbeek: Thanks, but...does your gas meter work?

Offline cmbeek

• Sr. Newbie
@bfromdruten: My gasmeter is still not showing up in vera. I 've searched my logfiles but cannot find any "gas"values.

A bit off topic, but maybe a explanation of the gasmeter not showing:
This is the link to the manual of my smart meter: http://www.stedin.net/SiteCollectionDocuments/Consumenten_en_kleinzakelijk/Slimme%20meter/Handleiding%20slimme%20meter%20ZCF120ABd%20of%20ZMF120ABd.pdf .
I was told that the gasmeter communicates with the smartmeter, whereas the smartmeter communicates with the "netbeheerder".
The meter has been installed only 7 weeks ago. Maybe installation was not 100% succesfull?
My new provider (Greenchoice) also seems to have problems getting meterreadings from the "netbeheerder".
I will give it some time.....

Offline bfromdruten

Attached new version. Reset of usage on plugin after tariff changes.

Offline hschenkelaars

@bfromdruten : Hi I'm just stepping into Domotica and wants to start measuring my power consumption. I was thinking to go for the NUON E-Manager but after investigating Vera it was clear that this is a better solution. I was convinced to go for vera when reading your post of measuring the dutch smart meter. My question is if the gas value can be read now, not a showbreaker for me, and if charting works on UI5? I want to buy the vera3 but am not sure it can be downgraded to UI4. Thx in advance for your reply.

regards
Hans Schenkelaars

Offline huib

@bfromdruten:

could you be so kind to make a step by step instruction for maken the correct cable and especialy the redirecting / reprogramming of the cable

thanks for your advice
- veralite UI5 - veralite UI7 - 9 fibaro dimmers - 7 fibaro switches - 2 eminent movement sensors - remote control - opentherm gateway - remote powermeter reading - control of whr930 unit - control of washing machine -

Offline huib

@bfromdruten:

have installed your plugin and have the following querry;

is is possible to have the readings sent by email to a certail email adress at a certain interval; (ie every monday at 12 hrs or so)

the reason is to monitor the consumption and record it in a seperate program
with out having a second pc running 24/7

your respond is highly appriciated

- veralite UI5 - veralite UI7 - 9 fibaro dimmers - 7 fibaro switches - 2 eminent movement sensors - remote control - opentherm gateway - remote powermeter reading - control of whr930 unit - control of washing machine -

Offline huib

@bfromdruten:

can you how i can find the data for the gas meter and the meter 1 and meter 2

if i read your I_dutchSmartMeter correctly the you save the data in "Gas" and "KWH"

at the moment i have created the scedule to sent once a week at monday at 1200 hrs an email to my self.

my idea is to sent the last taken value of the gas meter, e meter 1 and 2 at that moment

if i repeat the same event the next week i get the readigs from one week later

to get this we need to save the data from Gas en KWH (1&2) every time the data is taken from the serial port and every time overwritten.

can you advise and comment
thanks in advance

Offline bfromdruten

@huib: You can use the gas value from the parent device and the kwh values from powermeter1 and powermeter2. You can read the values by using luup code:

local METER_DEV_ID = 139
local METER1_DEV_ID = 140
local METER2_DEV_ID = 141

local gas= luup.variable_get("urn:brutgrink-com:serviceId:dutchSmartMeter", "gas",  METER_DEV_ID )
local kwh1= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "kwh",  METER1_DEV_ID )
local kwh2= luup.variable_get(" urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1 ", "kwh",  METER2_DEV_ID )

I don't know how to get these values into a e-mail, because e-mail is something I don't use from the Vera.

Why don't you use the excelent dataMine plugin to collect all values? If you don't have storage space you can setup a schedule to ftp the data files to another server.

Thanks,
Bernard

Offline huib

@bfromdruten:

i do not want to run  a second server, cause i am dutch, and i have the vera already running 24/7

i will try to fit in your comment in the luup for the mail and will post it here

one observation i faced that for the cable from antratek is is required to teke the driver from the supplier and install manually during the installation proces, otherwise it will not work

Offline bfromdruten

@huib: you don't need a second server for dataMine. Just a usb memorystick where logging is stored. Works perfect.

Offline huib

@bfromdruten;

i have on the verelite only one usb which is now used for the meterkast reading

at the moment i recieve the following email

== Meterstanden van Tue Jun 26 11:23:10 2012, gas = 0, kwh1 = 0, kwh2 = 0 ==

so i get no data from the meterkast

i took the id device from the powermeter (s) but it does not work
which id i have to take

rgds

== quote ==
local smtp = require("socket.smtp")

local SMTP_SERVER = "xxx.xxx.xx"
        local SMTP_PORT = "25"
        local USER_SENDING = "<xxxx.xxx@xxxxx.xxx>"
        local USER_RECEIVING = "<xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxl>"

local METER_DEV_ID = 27
        local METER1_DEV_ID = 34
        local METER2_DEV_ID = 35

local gas= luup.variable_get("urn:brutgrink-com:serviceId:dutchSmartMeter", "gas",  METER_DEV_ID ) or "0"
local kwh1= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "kwh",  METER1_DEV_ID ) or "0"
local kwh2= luup.variable_get(" urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1 ", "kwh",  METER2_DEV_ID ) or "0"

local from = USER_SENDING
        local rcpt = {USER_RECEIVING}

local mesgt = {
            headers = {
                to = USER_RECEIVING,
                subject = "Meterstanden van " .. os.date("%c")
            },
            body = "Meterstanden van "  .. os.date("%c") .. ", gas = " .. gas .. ", kwh1 = " .. kwh1 .. ", kwh2 = " .. kwh2
            }

local r, e = smtp.send{
            from = from,
            rcpt = rcpt,
            source = smtp.message(mesgt),
            server = SMTP_SERVER,
            port = SMTP_PORT,
          }

if (e) then
            luup.log("Yikes " ..  e)
        end
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:43:14 pm by huib »

Offline bfromdruten

Yes...found the issue. The capitals are not correct. The code should be:

local gas= luup.variable_get("urn:brutgrink-com:serviceId:dutchSmartMeter", "Gas",  METER_DEV_ID ) or "0"
local kwh1= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "KWH",  METER1_DEV_ID ) or "0"
local kwh2= luup.variable_get(" urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1 ", "KWH",  METER2_DEV_ID ) or "0"

About dataMine...why don't you use a USB hub?

Offline huib

@bfromdruten;

i got it now working

== result of out punt ==
Meterstanden van Tue Jun 26 13:54:04 2012, gas = 268.509, kwh1 = 416.009, kwh2 = 379.405
on weekly bases i enter the data in to ECOHOME and see the results

thanks for the assistance
about the datamine will be next puzzle

the luup is now as follows;

== quote ==
local smtp = require("socket.smtp")

local SMTP_SERVER = "xxx.xxx.xxl"    -- < local server
        local SMTP_PORT = "25"
        local USER_SENDING = "<veralite@xxx.xxx>"  --< from
        local USER_RECEIVING = "<xxx@xxxxxxl>"  -- < to

local METER_DEV_ID = 27
        local METER1_DEV_ID = 34
        local METER2_DEV_ID = 35

local gas= luup.variable_get("urn:brutgrink-com:serviceId:dutchSmartMeter", "Gas",  METER_DEV_ID ) or "0"
local kwh1= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "KWH",  METER1_DEV_ID ) or "0"
local kwh2= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "KWH",  METER2_DEV_ID ) or "0"

local from = USER_SENDING
        local rcpt = {USER_RECEIVING}

local mesgt = {
            headers = {
                to = USER_RECEIVING,
                subject = "Meterstanden van " .. os.date("%c")
            },
            body = "Meterstanden van "  .. os.date("%c") .. ", gas = " .. gas .. ", kwh1 = " .. kwh1 .. ", kwh2 = " .. kwh2
            }

local r, e = smtp.send{
            from = from,
            rcpt = rcpt,
            source = smtp.message(mesgt),
            server = SMTP_SERVER,
            port = SMTP_PORT,
          }

if (e) then
            luup.log("Yikes " ..  e)
        end

Offline huib

@bfromdruten;
what i have to do to not show ''Powermeter ExportRate 1 & 2"

is it only modify the I_dutchSmartMeter and put --

-- Create devices needed if not exist
            addPowerMeterDevice("ImportRate1")
            addPowerMeterDevice("ImportRate2")
         --   addPowerMeterDevice("ExportRate1")
         --   addPowerMeterDevice("ExportRate2")

or do i need todo more?

please advise

rgds
huib

Offline bfromdruten

@huib
Yes..you are correct.

In a few days I will add this functionality as device setting, so you can configure the device to have import and/or export meters. I'm also planning to add an average use to the gas meter value (instead of only the total meter value).