Author Topic: Homewave project dead?  (Read 870 times)

Offline TinCup

Homewave project dead?
« on: September 20, 2018, 10:07:26 am »
Doesn't appear to have been any updates in over 7 months.  Just curious if the project has run its course?
Vera 3 UI5 | Homewave | Amazon Echo | BWS HA Bridge | PLEG/PLTS | OpenSprinkler | AD2USB | GE/Jasco | Schlage BE469 | Kwikset 912 | ecobee3 | SONOS + TTS | Aeotec 4-in-1 | EcoLink | Everspring ST812 | Remotec ZFM-80 | Evolve LRM-AS/LFM-20 | Hikvision DS-2CD2332 Turret | Dahua IPC-HFW4300S Bullet

Offline intveltr

Re: Homewave project dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »
There's a few things I need to get around to fixing, but other than that I feel the app is more or less where I want it to be.  Of course there's always more functions that could be added...
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:13 pm »
I have used VeraMate for many years on 2 iPhones.  Sad the developer has abandoned it. If Homewave has a free version to try out, I may make the move from VeraMate. Thus far, VeraMate does over 90% of what I need it to do but the AltHue support is weak.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline Dude22573

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:11:17 pm »
I have used VeraMate for many years on 2 iPhones.  Sad the developer has abandoned it. If Homewave has a free version to try out, I may make the move from VeraMate. Thus far, VeraMate does over 90% of what I need it to do but the AltHue support is weak.

I second this! I am also looking for a replacement to VM. I wish there was a free version of the Homewave app to try out.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 06:02:14 am »
That has been asked before!  I will look into how easy it is to put out a free trial version. 
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 08:02:51 pm »
That has been asked before!  I will look into how easy it is to put out a free trial version.

And if the software is as good as VeraMate, you can raise the price to $5.99. That is what VeraMate charged for the Premium and I purchased it for 2 iPhones.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline d55m14

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 02:39:22 pm »
Hi intveltr,

is homewave supported for bugs ?

tnks

Offline intveltr

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 06:06:51 am »
Yes, bugs in HomeWave are still being addressed.  At the moment that includes some issues with the "Notch", connectivity issues that some people are experiencing, and compatibility with the 12" iPad Pro.  Also some cameras do not appear to work as they should