Author Topic: Vera Plus no longer detects Schlage Deadbolt after battery swap  (Read 238 times)

Offline bratan

• Sr. Newbie
Vera Plus no longer detects Schlage Deadbolt after battery swap
« on: September 23, 2018, 08:54:03 am »
I have Schlage BE369NX Camelot which has been working fine with Vera Plus controller. It's 9V battery got low so I replaced it. After this Vera Plus no longer able to see or control the lock (it's been a week). Has anyone seen an issue like that? Any suggestions?

Offline Maegda

• Customer Care
  • Global Moderator
Re: Vera Plus no longer detects Schlage Deadbolt after battery swap
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 05:54:32 pm »
Hello bratan,

I sent you an email with a few questions, could you please reply?

Thank you!
Vera Control, Ltd.  Smarter Home Control
support@getvera.com  +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 01:47:39 am »
There are two sets of batteries in that lock, the 9V and the 4 AAs in the tray, there is a screw to release the tray.  I think the 9Volt control the bolt, the AAs are for the Z-Wave.  You should replace all batteries at the same time.

Offline bratan

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 08:14:00 am »
Hello bratan,

I sent you an email with a few questions, could you please reply?

Thank you!
I did, thanks a lot! Looks like you guys got it fixed somehow, I can see status just updated this morning :)

There are two sets of batteries in that lock, the 9V and the 4 AAs in the tray, there is a screw to release the tray.  I think the 9Volt control the bolt, the AAs are for the Z-Wave.  You should replace all batteries at the same time.
Yup you are right.  I couldn't find manual and believed wrong claim in Amazon product description that says: "It's powered by a 9-volt battery for up to a three-year battery life."  It actually has 3 more AA batteries, which I just replaced yesterday.  That still didn't get device to be detected (maybe I had to disconnect all batteries), but looks like Maegda from support got it fixed remotely! Yey!