Author Topic: Veraplus with Keen vent Issue  (Read 771 times)

Offline Firefrog

Veraplus with Keen vent Issue
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:25:33 pm »
I bought 3 Keen vent to be controlled with my Veraplus, but after the first Zigbee detection, an error appeared on the device configuration panel.  So, I deleted the device to retry the detection and It cannot detect the device anymore....  each time, I put the Keen vent in detection mode (green led blinking).

I reset my Vera to factory default (thru the panel), and also a hard reset (6 times on reset button within 6 seconds), and nothing works...  weird no ?

How could it be possible that a hard reset on Vera plus and a reset of the device can?t resolve this detection problem ?

Any suggestion to resolve this problem ?

Envoy? de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline rafale77

Re: Veraplus with Keen vent Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 04:38:26 am »
See my last post in this thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37740.45.html

I think it will help.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Firefrog

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 08:21:25 am »
Thanks anhman for your answer but I already saw your post and I did try it step by step...

The problem is that my Veraplus don?t recognize anymore the Keen vent (Keen vent stay with the green led blinking) and nothing append on Vera in Zigbee generic device adding mode.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 03:03:59 am »
Is it detecting any other zigbee devices?
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Firefrog

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 07:18:51 pm »
From now, I just have my vents that are on Zigbee technology, but it has detected 2 of them, and after deleting the configuration, it cannot detect anymore.

It?s weird that after a full restart (factory default), nothing change about the detection...  it seem that some Zigbee configuration are not reinitialized correctly to factory default on the VeraPlus ?!?!

Offline rafale77

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 06:06:05 am »
It indeed seems like you have somehow corrupted the Zigbee parameters. Are you able to reset the Zigbee network from the settings/zigbee settings/advanced actions?

If after this you see no detection, I think you have a hardware problem

Offline jadragescu

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 03:09:38 pm »
What I have seen something like this, as I had a similar problem, but these Vents (a bit finicky) need to have either the vent very close to controller (3 Meters).  I would also have batteries to be fairly full charge, newer batteries, as this helps on distance of pairing/etc.  Lastly, You have to wake the device up, (pull battery and push back in) when you are adding the Zigbee device.  Wait till it is detected, and wait longer till device is configured (blue banner).

Does anyone have a better json they can share for these vents, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?

Thanks!

Offline rafale77

« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:17:59 pm »
I created a vent json file. I use it for both keen vents and econet vents. Have to set your device to use this json. It uses also a custom icon which changes in 10% increments.

« Last Edit: Today at 12:25:33 pm by rafale77 »