Author Topic: Wayne Dalton T-Stat Issue  (Read 971 times)

Offline Minnies

Wayne Dalton T-Stat Issue
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:45:57 am »
I have a Wayne Dalton t-stat. I think it is common with some other t-stats as well.

Every once in a while the t-stat changes the temperature setting to a low temperature all by itself. I have programmed it such that if the temp setting goes below a certain point that it notify me of the change. I also have it such that if the requested temp is below 74 that it be set at 74. 

I had thought I had some guests that were making the temp request. However, recently I had it make the request when the house was empty, meaning that the system did it by itself. Anyone else experience anything erratic lilke this or know if a solution?

Offline robertgreenberg

Re: Wayne Dalton T-Stat Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:05:04 am »
How did you set the alerts and automatic temperature limits? When I change the temp manually at the T-stat, the new set temp is not reflected in MIOS.

Offline TXDAN

Re: Wayne Dalton T-Stat Issue
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »
I have the same problem.  I have the app "ThermostatMinMax" installed.   I have 78 as the min temp for cooling.  When the glitch happens the setpoint is bound to 78 but causes my AC to run too long.  I am in TX and it is over 100 every day

I do not recall this issue prior to upgrading to UI5 about a month ago