Poll

Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera?

Lutron Caseta
Logitech Harmony
Sonos
Wemo
Ring Video Doorbell
Chamberlain MyQ/Liftmaster GDO
Netgear Arlo Cam
Broadlink IR
Rachio Irrigation
Ecobee Thermostat
Nest Camera
Lifx Bulbs
Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
Wink Connect
Venstar Colour Touch Thermostat
Sensibo A/C controller
OpenSprinkler Irrigation
Netatmo thermostat and weather station
Rfxtrx
Kodi
Doorbird Video Doorbell
MySmartBlinds
BlueIris Camera Management
RainMachine Irrigation
Skybell Video Doorbell
Home-Connect - Connected Household
Dreamscreen.tv
Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL4

Author Topic: Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera? (Short List)  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Hello Community,

Thank you for the invaluable feedback you've given on the main poll.
We need some more feedback from you. This is is a short list of devices that require an API for integration.
This poll is ONLY for Cloud/API devices. We will treat other types of devices(Zigbee,Z-wave,RF,etc) later on.

Please Vote.  8)

LE: You can choose up to 3 devices.
LE: If you're thinking about a device that is not already in the list and it's known to have an available API, please reply here.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:22:22 am by Sorin »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
My addition is the Venstar Colour Touch thermostat - great thermo with a open API
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline melih

• Administrator
Lets all contribute please. The development team will have this as their priority. thanks.

Offline tomtcom

Thanks melih and Sorin. I wish I could vote more than once. :)

When Mark Shenker was with Vera he stated the Ring Video Doorbell would never have integration because Ring doesn't allow any access to the video. Since most users here don't consider Vera as a need for video monitoring with this type of device what you can expose is the motion sensor to trigger any scene.

On this forum, someone made a Wink API for Vera and you could import Ring's motion sensor into Vera. If this device should make any close to the top of the list please consider the motion sensor is good enough. The Ring app will handle the video, no need for Vera to do this.

I believe Mark stated that they didn't want to do any "half" integration but if we apply some common sense to the value of the motion sensor over the video that you would use from your phone's Ring app it's still worth it.

Just my 2 cents.

**One more question please**

It has been stated that the weather in the main landing page of Vera is using the Yahoo API. Rather than installing another app on the Vera, why not let that API be usable in scenes? This could really be top of your list since it is already integrated to Vera, just needs to be exposed so we can utilize pool pump scenes, irrigation, and other triggers for weather such as thermostat settings for non-cloud based z-wave thermostats.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:48:50 pm by tomtcom »

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
My addition is the Venstar Colour Touch thermostat - great thermo with a open API

Added Venstar Thermostat, you can vote/change vote now.

Thanks
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline dJOS

Sensibo has an API and is great for controlling dumb split system air conditioning systems.

More info here https://www.home-assistant.io/components/climate.sensibo/
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline tiwas

I'm a bit disappointed neither Ikea nor Google Home was mentioned here...

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
I'm a bit disappointed neither Ikea nor Google Home was mentioned here...

Google Home is already work in progress, and a demo was already featured on the forum.
Ikea Trandfri is already on our short list.

Sensibo has an API and is great for controlling dumb split system air conditioning systems.

More info here https://www.home-assistant.io/components/climate.sensibo/

Added to poll

Thanks melih and Sorin. I wish I could vote more than once. :)

**One more question please**

It has been stated that the weather in the main landing page of Vera is using the Yahoo API. Rather than installing another app on the Vera, why not let that API be usable in scenes? This could really be top of your list since it is already integrated to Vera, just needs to be exposed so we can utilize pool pump scenes, irrigation, and other triggers for weather such as thermostat settings for non-cloud based z-wave thermostats.

Using the Vera weather as the trigger for scenes is a great idea - I've reported it to our features list.

I've changed the poll to allow 3 votes per user, in case someone wishes to vote multiple devices.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:28:50 am by Sorin »

Offline stardobas

• Sr. Newbie
broadlink IR and SONOS are to integrate...

actual broadlink ir manual integration is very complex...
I Think is Two hardware that need to add soon very thank you

Offline alienz

No love for opensprinkler? The only reason I use it is because I found it in vera plugins.

Online PrincessCleavage

Can?t vote with Tapatalk:-(
I would say Sonos and tts is a must but the Sonos plugin works well for the moment. Next I would say a good video doorbell system that doesn?t lock you into online storage plans.
       Rippa has already started on developing a plugin for Emby media server which has an api and would give Vera a unique edge as I don?t think anyone else has achieved this yet!
Thread is here:

Vera 2 Emby
 https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24007&share_tid=103145&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Emicasaverde%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D103145&share_type=t

Offline asino123

• Sr. Newbie
Bungiorno,
first of all thanks for the wonderful work you do. I would be interested in the integration of the following devices:
- Broadlink IR
- Sonos
I also suggest you to natively integrate the milight / limitless lights even for boxes with firmware above 4 and the products of the xiaomi family.
I bought my vera plus in front of the presence of that plugin that is now obsolete. I'm sorry to admit that I was forced to buy a home-assistant hub to integrate the devices described above and google home. I hope that with time all these bees are integrated to avoid over time that my vera plus does not become a simple z-wave hub.
Good job.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Please focus on specific devices, and if already in the list please vote (easier to log)

As for a multimedia server/platform which one would you think it's most used? Emby, Kodi, Plex, other ?

Added OpenSprinkler. Please vote

Offline bestermanus

• Sr. Newbie
RFXTRX....

Offline Thorden

Kodi has a huge community, if it is most used or not I don't know.