Poll

Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera?

Lutron Caseta
Logitech Harmony
Sonos
Wemo
Ring Video Doorbell
Chamberlain MyQ/Liftmaster GDO
Netgear Arlo Cam
Broadlink IR
Rachio Irrigation
Ecobee Thermostat
Nest Camera
Lifx Bulbs
Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
Wink Connect
Venstar Colour Touch Thermostat
Sensibo A/C controller
OpenSprinkler Irrigation
Netatmo thermostat and weather station
Rfxtrx
Kodi
Doorbird Video Doorbell
MySmartBlinds
BlueIris Camera Management
RainMachine Irrigation
Skybell Video Doorbell
Home-Connect - Connected Household
Dreamscreen.tv
Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL4

Author Topic: Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera? (Short List)  (Read 8417 times)

Offline holdmade

• Sr. Newbie
Yeelight would be great, open API available

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Hi Sorin, Melih,

One point of courtesy. You have devices on the list that some people pored a lot of their own time in to create plug-ins for. It would be nice to work with those people and maybe share some credit. As I did with the Harmony plugin. I know from experience what features people have been looking for and what there is still on the short list of features I would like to have time to add, or better ways things could be done. The other developers have that same knowledge, please make use of it.

PS: I'm not looking for any (financial) compensation. I enjoyed working on those plugins, it was my free choice and I am sure you can integrate them better. In the Harmony example Logitech refuses to share information with private developers, hopefully they will work with your team.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Domoworking

I like the idea to integrate more and more devices, but where possible I would prefer LAN traffic rather than cloud services.
This just to increase reliability (I want my home automations to work even if i loose internet connection).
For example, Broadlink can be used today with some lovely plugin talking directly to the device....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 05:44:15 am by Domoworking »

Offline RitterIwan

• Sr. Newbie
Please consider the NUKI Door Lock.
It has a well documented HTTP-API.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Hi Sorin, Melih,

One point of courtesy. You have devices on the list that some people pored a lot of their own time in to create plug-ins for. It would be nice to work with those people and maybe share some credit. As I did with the Harmony plugin. I know from experience what features people have been looking for and what there is still on the short list of features I would like to have time to add, or better ways things could be done. The other developers have that same knowledge, please make use of it.

PS: I'm not looking for any (financial) compensation. I enjoyed working on those plugins, it was my free choice and I am sure you can integrate them better. In the Harmony example Logitech refuses to share information with private developers, hopefully, they will work with your team.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene, I think it has been mentioned at some point, by Melih, that these plugins will not be simply overtaken. Our developer community has always been part of the core Vera and will be even more than that. I know that maybe the "native" word draws some flags, but I'm sure that Melih will take special care of our developer community. When the transition dust settles for a bit, we will come up with some more updates on the developer community.

For the moment we are focusing on improving the core stability and capabilities as well as offering you better documentation and a bulletproof API for a healthy development environment.

You're doing an amazing job, don't stop from what you're doing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:21:41 am by Sorin »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline tony-park

Hi,

this is great to see, thanks for inviting us to participate!

Personally, I'd love to see support for the Netatmo thermostat and weather modules.

Thanks
Tony

Offline pulpman52

• Sr. Newbie
I would also like to see the Ditra-Heat-E-WiFi Thermostat added, it probably wouldn't make it onto the "short list" but maybe onto the "long list"  ;)

https://www.schluter.com/schluter-us/en_US/ditra-heat-wifi

Offline homeuser

Ring doorbell amd ecobee thermostats

Offline rsmed1

• Sr. Newbie
As for a multimedia server/platform I'd say kodi is the most popular...that gets my vote!

Offline save

• Sr. Newbie
Hi,

The most devices in the list are in the USA market.
I vote for INTESIS BOX, a gateway to control the most VRV A/C machines. The plugin runs from the browser but not, from the Android / IOS Vera apps.
If it?s not possible, you should study how to control the DAYKIN and MITSUBISHI Wifi gateways

Offline brwill

• Sr. Newbie
Unless you are significantly growing your development team, I'd rather you spent your efforts on full support of many of the current Z-Wave products. I am still waiting for support for Leviton's VRCZ4. We need a multi-botton ZONE switch (not SCENE). Pick up on some of the lessons that should have been learned from the X-10 product family. Support for Aeotec's Wallmote is incomplete.

Offline Albert1

• Sr. Newbie
I would like to see the Doorbird integrated. The published API works very well including triggers to the included relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline blacey

Another one that would fill a differentiated market need is the MySmartBlinds Hub that currently supports Alexa and Google Assistant both of which are cloud-based platforms so there must be an API to the MySmartBlinds cloud services as well.  Have had it on my list to look at but too many other projects are in front of it currently.  The MySmartBlinds folks would probably help as they are working on their SmartThings integration currently.
Three Vera-3 (Home, Seasonal 1 & 2) - Firmware: 1.5.622,   Zwave: 3.20 L:1
One Vera-Edge (Dependent) - Firmware: 1.7.1707, Zwave: 4.5 L:1

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
Unless you are significantly growing your development team, I'd rather you spent your efforts on full support of many of the current Z-Wave products. I am still waiting for support for Leviton's VRCZ4. We need a multi-botton ZONE switch (not SCENE). Pick up on some of the lessons that should have been learned from the X-10 product family. Support for Aeotec's Wallmote is incomplete.

+1 ZWAVE. If I would want an API hub I would never use Vera. Vera is my domotica ZWAVE controller.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline charettepa

for ecobee

please don't just "half integrate" it

please ensure to include all the sensor data
and the switch+ sensor data as well as switch+ status and ability to turn it on/off as a light switch