Poll

Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera?

Lutron Caseta
Logitech Harmony
Sonos
Wemo
Ring Video Doorbell
Chamberlain MyQ/Liftmaster GDO
Netgear Arlo Cam
Broadlink IR
Rachio Irrigation
Ecobee Thermostat
Nest Camera
Lifx Bulbs
Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
Wink Connect
Venstar Colour Touch Thermostat
Sensibo A/C controller
OpenSprinkler Irrigation
Netatmo thermostat and weather station
Rfxtrx
Kodi
Doorbird Video Doorbell
MySmartBlinds
BlueIris Camera Management
RainMachine Irrigation
Skybell Video Doorbell
Home-Connect - Connected Household
Dreamscreen.tv
Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL4

Author Topic: Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera? (Short List)  (Read 8419 times)

Offline electnixon

Between Sonos and Harmony (I voted for both) I would suggest Sonos first since that app is no longer supported.
(not to mention the tts function is broken... again).  Would love to see Caseta back to what it once was as well, although I've moved on to RR2, Caseta is getting very popular and the app, when it worked, was great.

Offline Sammy2

Only 3?

Some of those are already quite well integrated BTW.

If I  could have I would have voted for BlueIris and the forever lacking Insteon.

Offline mostlychris

• Sr. Newbie
I would like to also see BlueIris integration.

Offline jlind

Yes, BlueIris would be great to be officially supported.  Also, TTS should be included in the support for both Alexa and Google Home.
VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline drewcovi

• Sr. Newbie
RainMachine really should be on here. It has the same philosophy as Vera in regards to local control with remote access.

Offline melih

• Administrator
Hi Sorin, Melih,

One point of courtesy. You have devices on the list that some people pored a lot of their own time in to create plug-ins for. It would be nice to work with those people and maybe share some credit. As I did with the Harmony plugin. I know from experience what features people have been looking for and what there is still on the short list of features I would like to have time to add, or better ways things could be done. The other developers have that same knowledge, please make use of it.

PS: I'm not looking for any (financial) compensation. I enjoyed working on those plugins, it was my free choice and I am sure you can integrate them better. In the Harmony example Logitech refuses to share information with private developers, hopefully they will work with your team.

Cheers Rene

our first choice is always to work with our own plugin people to see how we can work together.

Offline DigitalC

• Sr. Newbie
* Canary
* Yi Cameras

Offline quie2droid

• Sr. Newbie
I would like to see the blink cameras integrated. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Lonestar10

As for a multimedia server/platform which one would you think it's most used?
PLEX.

I'd also love to work Ring Doorbell and LIFX bulbs into Vera scenes.
IU7 VeraPlus - Ecobee 3 x2 - Kwikset - Schlage - Nest - GE & Leviton Switches - Alexa

Offline tbrock47

• Sr. Newbie
Skybell

Offline neverathome

GC100
And for multimedia, Plex

Offline poordom

Good morning Folks,

There is one thing I would really like.

Like to have the ability to control my Vera Plus remotely, let me explain, a couple of years back while vacationing my Vera Plus went offline, most likely due to a power failure, I was not able to reboot the system, which rendered Vera inaccessible.

If someone has any suggestion on either a device or method to reestablish contact or reboot Vera remotely, I'm all ears.

Thanks
Dom

Offline Jamr

Please entertain the prospects of this device.
https://konnected.io/
It is a network based alarm system already working with ST and a few others.
https://github.com/konnected-io

Offline fje

• Sr. Newbie
Hi, thanks fr the opportunity of voting, but what about NEO Coolcam devices? I don't see them in the list.

Regards

Offline Jamr

Good morning Folks,

There is one thing I would really like.

Like to have the ability to control my Vera Plus remotely, let me explain, a couple of years back while vacationing my Vera Plus went offline, most likely due to a power failure, I was not able to reboot the system, which rendered Vera inaccessible.

If someone has any suggestion on either a device or method to reestablish contact or reboot Vera remotely, I'm all ears.

Thanks
Dom
Hi.
You could use a separate network power control device like the Wemo but what if your modem and or router are down? You could use a wireless ISP for a network backup but now things are getting messy and expensive.
https://express.google.com/u/0/product/7363662481656567615_5352793716168755219_1327510?mall=Nevada&directCheckout=1&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=product_ads&utm_campaign=gsx

or you could...
Plug in your router/modem/Vera into a 24 hour timer only when you are away for extended periods. It will turn the power off and then back on once every 24 hours so even if your modem and or router are down they should reset and come back online within a 24 hour period at most.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-By-Go-Green-24-Hour-Plug-In-Timer-GG-36011/206528654?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD27E%7C27-2_WIRING_DEVICES%7CNA%7CPLA%7c71700000034239053%7c58700003946878363%7c92700031954447748&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrszdBRDWARIsAEEYhrc0R8_iRn7uA2D3jvj0XFGMZ00NhatXBhftYMLY7WwW26azSokZVggaAvg9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPvNgo2Q6N0CFUraZAod5pMHoA

Here are some with surge suppressor and multiple outlets on board.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16812106168
https://www.maxximastyle.com/electrical-accessories/8-outlet-power-strip-with-digital-timer-indoor-500-joules-surge-protector?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrszdBRDWARIsAEEYhrc1l8OWuK5FzMKjPFAXbKLehx-CPVUuLlnte-lrb_tnF_NCNPlwVTUaAhovEALw_wcB

I have yet to try this but it seems inexpensive and doable.
Short of getting a neighbor or friend to come over and check on things, I think this is your best bet.

Oh I forgot to mention.
Whenever I install a new unit, I create a scene to reboot the Vera nightly. It seems to keep the unit fresh and more ready for anything and may help with this problem.
the luup code is;
os.execute( 'reboot' )
Just create a scene to activate on a schedule and insert this luup code.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:38:13 pm by Jamr »