Author Topic: Fibaro recurrent tamper alarm  (Read 311 times)

Online Orenis

Fibaro recurrent tamper alarm
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:58:15 am »
Hello,

1. I have a few Fibaro motion sensors (FGMS-001), and in 2 or 3 of them I get a lot of "tamper" alarms during the day even though they are not touched and not "armed" (probably not related). Thanks to this condition the battery is running low quite fast and my vera is swamped with this notifications.
Any idea for the cause of it? Solutions? Maybe a way to disable it?

2. Another question, is there a way for it to ignore pets and children as a motion trigger, since one of them is turning living room light upon motion detection at night, and my dog wonder in the house at night, as well as my baby at shower and bed time, she tends to run away to the living room and we try to make a night time atmosphere around her bed time.. ::)

By the way I work with VeraPlus.
Thanks
Oren.

Offline Ionut A

• Global Moderator
Re: Fibaro recurrent tamper alarm
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 10:44:22 am »
Hello Orenis,

In the FGMS-001 sensor manual you can find some parameters that can help with this automation.
For tamper alerts, you must set parameter 20 <SENSITIVITY TAMPER> depending on the environment in which the sensor is located.

To do so, in your dashboard, access your device's settings, then click "Device Options" and set its value between 1 - 121.

0 tamper inactive;
1 means that the tamper sensor is more sensitive;
121 means that the tamper sensor is less sensitive.

As for pet sensor immunity, follow the steps in the user manual:

"How to eliminate pet-triggered false alarms:

Fibaro Motion Sensor should be installed 2-3m above the floor, pointed parallely to the floor level.
If wandering pets trigger false alarms it's recommended to modify parameters 1 and 3 settings.
The value of parameter 1 can depend on pet's size and environment conditions. It's good to experiment with settings, increasing the parameter value by 5 at each attempt until the desired effect is reached.
If parameter 1 settings modifications will not produce satisfactory results, it's recommended to experiment with parameter 3 settings (pulse counter), increasing its value."

If you are experiencing issue, feel free to contact our Customer Care support team at support@getvera.com

Cheers!

Offline Sulansbodega

Re: Fibaro recurrent tamper alarm
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 10:46:50 am »
Do you see tamper alarms in the logs or do you see the sensor flash in all colors as is does when tampered with physically?

If you see it in the logs, maybe your first point is related to the problem we have in another thread were our newer Fibaro door sensors sends tamper alarms every time they're activated. Check if you get a tamper alarm just by passing the sensor. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38900.msg331464.html

Regarding the door sensor the devs have said they know about it but nobody answers anymore so we don't know if it'll ever get fixed as you can see in that thread.