We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Sq Blaster connection  (Read 7994 times)

Offline rjwilson01

Re: Sq Blaster connection (Temperature Sensor)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »
Actually I'd request that the Temperature sensor reported the temperature in the localisation set degrees.
 I have read the other link (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10636.msg74112.html#msg74112) which seems to be saying that this was fixed in May 2012 but was awaiting confirmation that its fixed.I've just used the Install Apps page to download this so maybe the change hasn't been released yet.
Vera 3 , Vera Lite, 3 Dimmable Lights, 2 LED Lights, 4 Multisensnor 3, 3 Multisensor 4, 3 Frostdale swithches, 1 SQBlaster, 4 Smartswitch, 4 SmartSwitch 5, Eagle, Aeon Home PowerMonitor, 1 Extender

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Sq Blaster connection
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 06:26:48 pm »
The 0.32 version that's in apps.mios.com (using SVN r48) has the required changes.  The UI doesn't give a nice editor for the Metric value that it needs, so you'll need to set it explicitly (and using the exact case/text specified) via the Advanced tab of the device... then Save before seeing the changes.

If it still doesn't work, please attach a screenshot of the Device's Advanced tab showing the settings that you've entered.

Offline techsan

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 09:50:00 am »
Guessed, yes very subtle on this addition and it's great! Can you define the difference between "Temperature" and "Current Temperature" in the plugin itself. Thanks for all of your contributions to this forum!

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 11:26:06 pm »
@techsan,
A quick explanation of the two temperature variables:
  • "CurrentTemperature" - Generic UPnP
    is for the child device, and it uses the UPnP ServiceId "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1".  This allows standard control points to "see" the temperature value, without needing to write Plugin-specific drivers.
  • "Temperature" - SQBlaster specific
    is for the parent device, and it uses a custom UPnP ServiceId "urn:squareconnect-com:serviceId:SQBlaster1".  This is the same SID that I hang all the other SQBlaster information (Name, FirmwareVersion, FirmwareData, MAC, Antenna, SyslogEnabled, SyslogIP and Status).  If anyone had already scripted against these, I was just making it easier for them to get the temperature also (for SQBlaster+ devices, at least)
They're both internally set to the same value, so they're inter-changable from that perspective.