Author Topic: Where are static IP addresses stored?  (Read 654 times)

Offline edgebinary

Where are static IP addresses stored?
« on: October 08, 2018, 05:58:48 pm »
I recently transitioned to a new IP scheme on my home network. I went from a 192.168.X.X to a 10.1.X.X. While looking at live traffic logs, I've noticed that there are still references to the older 192.169.2.36 IP (Which is what the VeraPlus had before I transitioned to the new scheme). I've manually set the new static IP to 10.1.20.2, but it obviously didn't erase the old one entirely. I have a hunch that this is causing some unwanted delays with my smart home. I've tried ssh'ing in, and recursive grepping the directories for the old IP, but found nothing.

Where is the static IP address information stored?

Thanks.

Offline bogdanf

• Steering Box Fanclub
  • Administrator
  • Did you change the oil ?
Re: Where are static IP addresses stored?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:59:06 am »
This info is stored in /etc/config/network.
Can you tell me where are you seeing those references to the old IP?
Have you tried to perform a network reset on the unit before connecting it to the new IP scheme (by pressing the reset button for 3 times or from the Settings - Net & Wi-fi)?

Offline edgebinary

Re: Where are static IP addresses stored?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:55:03 pm »
Thanks for the response. I'm seeing the correct information when I cat this file.

I'm seeing the reference to the old IP when looking at the logs in Vera Concierge (Google integration) by RTS. Before you point fingers at the Concierge server, I spun up a fresh linux VM and started from scratch, and I still saw the 192.168. IP in the logs.

I did not reset the network before re-IP'ing the Vera. I didn't even know that was a thing. I just assumed I could put in the new IP under network settings. How do you do it from the menu? What am I at risk of losing? (Setting up my entire Z-Wave network again is no small feat).